World's Largest TROY Sports Message Board    

Go Back   World's Largest TROY Sports Message Board > Trojan Sports > Football

Football Discuss TROY Trojan Football here.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 AM
GTT All-American

dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.
Default 2013 Troy vs UAB Game

Does anyone have a guess as to whether this will be a day game or a night game? If it is a day game, and this will be my daughters first game in the SOTS I would have to drive up Friday. I know it is early but the Hampton, Best Western, Courtyard have 2 night min and they book fast. Can't wait for the game. I will get teary eyed watching my little girl play the fight song
Proud Troy Alumni
Proud Troy Dad
Old 02-05-2013, 12:28 PM
GTT First Team

Troy79 contribute's tremendously to the GTT family.Troy79 contribute's tremendously to the GTT family.Troy79 contribute's tremendously to the GTT family.Troy79 contribute's tremendously to the GTT family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
Does anyone have a guess as to whether this will be a day game or a night game? If it is a day game, and this will be my daughters first game in the SOTS I would have to drive up Friday. I know it is early but the Hampton, Best Western, Courtyard have 2 night min and they book fast. Can't wait for the game. I will get teary eyed watching my little girl play the fight song
dgoebel,

Not sure about the kickoff time on the August 31st game with UAB but I know you must be the proud pappa to see your daughter on the field. I normally get a bit teary eyed myself when I hear our fight song so no telling what would happen to me if one of my daughters had been part of the SOTS during their days as students at TROY!
Enjoy the event and hope you get to hear her play it many times throughout her days at TROY.

Go TROY!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:08 PM
GTT All-American

dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.dgoebel has all the making's of a true GTT leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy79 View Post
dgoebel,

Not sure about the kickoff time on the August 31st game with UAB but I know you must be the proud pappa to see your daughter on the field. I normally get a bit teary eyed myself when I hear our fight song so no telling what would happen to me if one of my daughters had been part of the SOTS during their days as students at TROY!
Enjoy the event and hope you get to hear her play it many times throughout her days at TROY.

Go TROY!
Thank You and yes, I am proud of her. She is attending on the Millenium Scholarship (Full tuition and room and board) and she was just awarded an additional band scholarship. She is much smarter than her dumb old jock Dad. I can't wait to see her at the first Trojan Walk. If you see a big red headed guy in front of the picolos teary eyed...that will be me.
Proud Troy Alumni
Proud Troy Dad
Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM
GTT All-SBC Team

Rette is on the right path around here.
Lightbulb 2:30pm??

Quote:
Thank You and yes, I am proud of her. She is attending on the Millenium Scholarship (Full tuition and room and board) and she was just awarded an additional band scholarship. She is much smarter than her dumb old jock Dad. I can't wait to see her at the first Trojan Walk. If you see a big red headed guy in front of the picolos teary eyed...that will be me.
I have been watching Troy play UAB since 2005 and I cannot remember ever playing them at night. If you have been to a game at Legion Field you will recall how hot it is particularly on the visitorís side. I get the impression that is done intentionally by the home team. The visiting team is in the sun the whole game. I would expect around a 2:30pm kickoff.
Nonetheless, there came a point in time I lost my ability to be an Alabama fan.That was in August of 2001 - the year my school TroyStateUniversity, became a Division I-A football program and direct rival to Alabama and Auburn. At that point, I chose to draw a permanent line.
Judson C. Edwards
Go Trojans!!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
GTT All-American

RDA Trojan is standing out...in a good way!RDA Trojan is standing out...in a good way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rette View Post
I have been watching Troy play UAB since 2005 and I cannot remember ever playing them at night. If you have been to a game at Legion Field you will recall how hot it is particularly on the visitorís side. I get the impression that is done intentionally by the home team. The visiting team is in the sun the whole game. I would expect around a 2:30pm kickoff.
Game is in Troy this year. Last year was the monsoon at Legion Field.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
GTT All-SBC Team
GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

FliryVorru is standing out...in a good way!FliryVorru is standing out...in a good way!
Send a message via AIM to FliryVorru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rette View Post
I have been watching Troy play UAB since 2005 and I cannot remember ever playing them at night.
Yeah, I believe the last time there was a Troy-UAB night game was in 2003. It was my first Troy game and I have exactly 1 picture from that game: http://imageshack.us/f/15/dscf0072dg.jpg/

Strive for the Highest, and All Hail!

"I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody. That's a long way for a lineman to run." - DeWhitt Betterson on Junior Louissaint running for a TD against Missouri

Last edited by FliryVorru; 02-05-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Spellig
Old 02-08-2013, 12:58 PM
GTT First Team

Troy79 contribute's tremendously to the GTT family.Troy79 contribute's tremendously to the GTT family.Troy79 contribute's tremendously to the GTT family.Troy79 contribute's tremendously to the GTT family.

Quote:
dgoebel,

Just noticed on our ticker countdown clock on the gotroytrojans.com home page, that it appears the UAB game will be played in the afternoon, looks like 1:30 PM.

Go TROY!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 PM
GTT All-SBC Team

troy4ever is on the right path around here.

Wasn't the last time we played UAB in Troy two years ago an early evening game? In fact I'm almost positive it was.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:13 PM
GTT First Team

Yes, I am sure it was an evening game as well as the game we hosted in 2005 when UAB almost shut us out except for a late punt return by Leodis.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 PM
GTT All-SBC Team

JPSousa1898 is on their way to becoming famous around here.JPSousa1898 is on their way to becoming famous around here.
Send a message via AIM to JPSousa1898 Send a message via Yahoo to JPSousa1898 Send a message via Skype™ to JPSousa1898

It usually depends on TV. I imagine that we will have an afternoon game since we had a building year and UAB is UAB. It may possibly even be a morning game if the other games are not looking promising.