Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Univ.? What's Wrong With That?

Default Coaching Univ.? What's Wrong With That?

Let me see if I have this correct, some people on this board are "upset" about Tony Franklin possibly moving to Auburn? This continues a trend that Troy will NEVER be able to stop, but why should we be "upset".

Look if we suck, nobody cares about our coaches. The legacy that LB really leaves behind is a pretty impressive list of coaches who have their roots with TMTDM.

I think this is even a recruiting tool. Look at the partial list:

Matt Moore - 1 year after he coaches TMTDM he handles the same position at Texas Tech, that's two years after coaching at the hs level.

Mike Turk - Legend at TMTDM, started Huntingdon football program

Brick Haley - spewed fire at defensive and could out recruit anyone for TMTDM is now Defensive Line Coach for the Chicago Bears. The Chicago Bears of the NFL.

Vick Koning - Defensive genius for TMTDM; now DC at Clemson.

Tracy Rocker - Defensive line coach now at Arkansas?

Ron Middleton - two years coaching for TMTDM; several years with the Tampa Bay Bucs and now - oh my god noooooooooooooo! Offensive line coach for Bammer.

Steve Campbell - National Champion player in '87; HC for DII National Champion, probably hottest HC in JUCO ranks.

I'm sure others can be added.

Heck Willie Slater is Hc at Tuskeegee now and Rick Rhodes is still stomping in the DII ranks all with TMTDM roots.

My point is: if Taco Bell offered you more money, you losers would quit your job at Waffle House in a second. That doesn't make Taco Bell a worse place to eat.

TMTDM has been a consistent winner year after year after year. We are going to lose coaches as long as we are winning.

I mean SWLa hasn't lost a coach to a IA team in several decades. Why? Because they have sucked for several decades.

So just like recruiting players, LB seems to be able to "reload" his coaching staff. I think that is a plus. It is part of the reason he is THE MAN/THE LEGEND!
    "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one...

Default Dude

Where have you been ? I agree with you! Brick was the man as was Tracy. LB will pull this thing out of the ditch! LB Rules
    "We’re still alive. It’s not Russia. They’re not going to shoot us at 4 in the morning or daylight. Good Lord willing, we’re going to live to fight again." Larry Blakeney

LB is the man. I would support renaming the Stadium and the University LB University. I have no doubt he has a plan in place and will move forward without skipping a beat.

Good post. I think Rocker went to Ole Miss with Nutt.

I really wonder how many coaches TF will eventually take from Troy. I think none will go until after the season but I really believe that after Auburns Bowl game there will be several coaches released to make way for the spread attack. That's when the raid of Troy coaches will be made.

Some at Texas Tech and other places too.
    Troy football, it is what it is:/

Quote Originally Posted by ThePowerMan View Post
    I really wonder how many coaches TF will eventually take from Troy. I think none will go until after the season but I really believe that after Auburns Bowl game there will be several coaches released to make way for the spread attack. That's when the raid of Troy coaches will be made.
    But we won the Palladium, how come it's not protectin' the Walls of Troy!?

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

It doesn't upset me that Aubbie took TF, aubbie does what aubbie does. And I know that Troy can't right a check as big as aubbie can, compare Tuberville's salary to Troy's entire atheltic budget. What does bother me is that this is the second time that Troy has pulled a coach out of obscurity, polished them up, helped them rebuild their reputation, and all Troy gets is two years. I honestly would have liked to seen at least 4 years with TF.

But I do think LB will find us another good OC, preferably a TF protege that will get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    But we won the Palladium, how come it's not protectin' the Walls of Troy!?
    A few months ago I heard preacher telling a story about a man who was fired. He told him that you can't get a better job until you lose the one you got.

Maybe that is the case here. Each year we seem to think it is the end of the world when we lose a player, coach, or athletic director (i.e. DT McDowell, Jason Samples, D. Ware, Vic Koening, etc.). But each has been replaced by the GREAT LB. I have full confidence this will be the case and next year we will all be stress-free.

Default re:

LB reminds me of an old Kentucky horse trader...he has a very good eye for serious talent. TROY is a place where second chances for players and coaches can happen.
    Lifetime Alumni Association member
    Metro Montgomery Alumni Association Board member
    Living Fossil
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Thread Information