Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default It's the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon people, you are better than this. You act like TF is the only guy on the planet who can coach and implement his style of offense. You think all the guys he has taught the system to have forgotten it or have not taught it to others? Everybody calm down. Troy will find someone that can run the offense that TF implemented and the defensive problems will get ironed out. Let's just relax.

BTW I (if he goes) will wish TF the best of luck and thank him for helping Troy football on the road to national relevance. He is not the enemy. He is not the Greeks to our Troy. He is not the Soviet Union to our United States.He is a part of the Troy family. As members of the Troy family, we should wish him well and go out there and compete against him on the recruiting trail and hopefully on the field someday.
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

What about the summer camp (history)?

What about recruiting and the decisions that some kids are just now making? Do you think TF's leaving might have affected what he told kids in the last few days?

This whole thing smells.
    Last edited by BMarkey; 12-11-2007 at 04:49 PM.

You can now look for the "Auburn Offensive camps w/ Tony Franklin". Look for Auburn to get 85% of the $$ and Franklin to get about 15%?

Quote Originally Posted by O2MAN View Post
    You can now look for the "Auburn Offensive camps w/ Tony Franklin". Look for Auburn to get 85% of the $$ and Franklin to get about 15%?
    That's part of the business. If this were going on with a guy going from UNT to Texas, we would not even care. Since, it is happening to us, we are all outraged. I think we are not looking at this in the right perspective. The man has an opporutnity to make more money doing the same thing at a place with better facilities, etc. That does not show a lack of character. It shows a man doing what is best for his career. It happens all the time.
    Last edited by TrojanEmpire; 12-11-2007 at 08:03 PM.
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

I have no problem with someone bettering their life. I think he will be making the right move if it is for instant cash. I am willing to bet that he will not be in Auburn in a couple of years. The egos are too big up there, here Franklin is able to whatever he wants when he wants because LB is a great loyal man. I like Tuberville but I think his ego along with Franklin's will not be able to co-exist. The camps for example will never be the same, he will not have an office to himself where he can be a mad scientist, he will not make recruiting changes to fit the "Auburn mold". I see alot of problems in the future but for now he will be happy with all of the extra cash.

It all depends on who we bring into replace TF if he leaves. I say even if he does leave, we will be fine. At least we have a system in place that we know works. I had a bad feeling this might happen this year as I watched the OK State game. The offense really looked good in that game on national TV. You think that showcase game did not raise an eyebrow or two? But we have to live with reality. If TF leaves, and the next guy comes in and kicks butt,then we will be going through the same in three or four years. I dont think anyone can be surprised right now, However I personally thought TF might say around for a few more years before the big schools came calling. I always felt that he would leave for a HC job at a mid major school. None of us saw this Auburn thing coming!! I think thats why LB will stay loyal to Rowell. His name is not out there and in time will learn to be a good DC.

Default you got it right

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanEmpire View Post
    That's part of the business. If this were going on with a guy going from UNT to Texas, we would not even care. Since, it is happening to us, we are all outraged. I think we are looking at this in the right perspective. The man has an opporutnity to make more money doing the same thing at a place with better facilities, etc. That does not show a lack of character. It shows a man doing what is best for his career. It happens all the time.
    Empire it amazes me how childish some of our fans are. HELLO, it is his career. Hell, I wish Larry had a shot at a big time program, he deserves it. TF has been awesome for us, his brand of ball is so much fun to watch. I guess others on this board have never been offered a better opportunity. I hate to lose Tony, but at the same time, I'm happy for him, just like I'm happy for Turk.
    "We’re still alive. It’s not Russia. They’re not going to shoot us at 4 in the morning or daylight. Good Lord willing, we’re going to live to fight again." Larry Blakeney

Another thing is I too can not see TF being at Auburn long term. Man their fans have to be the most "fickle" in the country. A bad year or even game, where the offense does not produce when it is counted on, and TF, AND HIS SYSTEM IS OLD NEWS IN TIGER COUNTRY. I can see it now(we should have never brought in this gimick offense). But , wow their fans sure want him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by btdt View Post
    Another thing is I too can not see TF being at Auburn long term. Man their fans have to be the most "fickle" in the country. A bad year or even game, where the offense does not produce when it is counted on, and TF, AND HIS SYSTEM IS OLD NEWS IN TIGER COUNTRY. I can see it now(we should have never brought in this gimick offense). But , wow their fans sure want him right now.
    exactly. I don't know if we should wish him well or not. I hope he does well but then its Aucrap and I hate them and I had really hoped we had something new here, a guy who doesn't chase the money etc. meh. Hopefully we can hire someone who can run a good offense.

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanEmpire View Post
    C'mon people, you are better than this. You act like TF is the only guy on the planet who can coach and implement his style of offense. You think all the guys he has taught the system to have forgotten it or have not taught it to others? Everybody calm down. Troy will find someone that can run the offense that TF implemented and the defensive problems will get ironed out. Let's just relax.
    It's the end of the world!

We might lose more assistants (eg Schlarman, Wasden) to Auburn + Chris Todd (who will probably decommit soon). Tyler Adetona decommitted yesterday. Troy's summer camp and recruiting will suffer.

Thread Information