Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paid subscription?

Default Paid subscription?

I see a message at the top of the page which reads " the next step is to purchase a paid subscription so you can post on the forums".

Is GTT.COM going to become a pay to post site and if so what will the cost be?
    S Burgess
    "See ball, hit ball" Kanorris Davis '10

Never mind, I just saw the answer to my question appear as an announcement on the Football Forum page.
    Last edited by Bubba the Trojan; 07-23-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    S Burgess
    "See ball, hit ball" Kanorris Davis '10

Not that I'm complaining about buying a subscription but how many people will do that? It would be bad to buy a subscription and have no one to talk with.

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanWarrior418 View Post
    Not that I'm complaining about buying a subscription but how many people will do that? It would be bad to buy a subscription and have no one to talk with.
    To be honest, I probably will not be buying a subscription. I understand that there is a cost to running sites such as these, but I am not a frequent enough poster to justify me paying just to post a comment and/or thread every once in a while. I will enjoy reading the discussions here, but I kinda get a feeling that there will be more like me and there'll be a drop in posts. And who knows, maybe that's a good thing... maybe the frequency of posts will go down, but the quality of discussions will go up. By the way, I am not at all complaining about the subscription... just explaining my reasons for not paying.

Go Trojans!

How about this, I'll pay for a subscription if others say they'll do the same (pay if others promise to do too). Lets get a tally on people who will commit if other do as well.

I'm down with paying if that's the way things work
    Aa

Zing

I'm honestly not sure if I'll buy a subscription or not.....just depends on my money situation
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

Been around too long to realize ya don't get something for nothing. I miss the info and chat.

PAID!
    "Yo Ho, HO!!! GO Ye Trojans, one and all!"

I'm in as well. PAID
    "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Psitech View Post
    I'm in as well. PAID
    I am fully on board for their to be funding available for GTT.com to support the cause, it was tough over the past few months not having access to this board. My recommendation would be to either pay the fee required OR allow all Trojan Warriors members to pay a bit extra as part of our annual membership fee (say $25 per year above the current minimum of $100) and then any of the extra money could be used to promote our site at various school functions to attract new membership for both the board and the TW program. Just a thought but I had rather just include it with my annual check to the Athletic Department which could potentially help to increase Trojan Warrior membership as well. I am pretty sure the AD would be fine with moving the supplemental monies out of the TW account into the GTT.com bucket.

It is good to be back chatting with my fellow Troy brothers and sisters!

Go TROY!

Thread Information