Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, We Officially $u<k At Everything

Default Well, We Officially $u<k At Everything

Lose first two games to GaState. This team is barely above .500. The chick baseball team is wallering around .500.

Both basketball teams stunk and the football team was upset they didn't get a bowl bid for a dismal 6-6 record.

About the only thing we had going good was the rodeo team and they dropped that.

I never thought we would become NELa, but we have.

And this is more than not having an Endzone project.
    "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one...

I hope they post the introduction videos from last nights induction so we can remember when were good at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by WeSuck.com View Post
    Lose first two games to GaState. This team is barely above .500. The chick baseball team is wallering around .500.

Both basketball teams stunk and the football team was upset they didn't get a bowl bid for a dismal 6-6 record.

About the only thing we had going good was the rodeo team and they dropped that.

.......and Aunt Bee was a control freak, Barney was a humiliation to law enforcement, Andy was an over bearing parent, Opie was a nurd and Roy and Gene were lousy shots who couldn't kill anyone and Rambo is a killer who couldn't miss! I feel your pain my friend but try to find dome sunshine in it all. Your are alive and well and able to get frustrated. There ARE worse things!
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

It has been a frustrating 2013-14 sports year for sure. Football with a 6-6 record so far is the highlight. Volleyball, soccer, men's BB and women's BB all had losing records. Softball will probably finish below .500. Still hopeful for baseball. A lot of improvement for sure is needed across the board. Hopeful for brighter days next year.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Quote Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
    It has been a frustrating 2013-14 sports year for sure. Football with a 6-6 record so far is the highlight. Volleyball, soccer, men's BB and women's BB all had losing records. Softball will probably finish below .500. Still hopeful for baseball. A lot of improvement for sure is needed across the board. Hopeful for brighter days next year.
    It took years for our BB teams to drop to the levels Coach Rigby and Coach Cunningham found us in, we won't get out in one or two years!! Coach Rigby, in my opinion, has her girls headed in the right direction. Time will tell about Coach Cunningham but he deserves patients. I'm sure Coach Pierce is surprised at our Baseball record but he is a good one so hopefully he rights that ship. Heck, we've lost 7 by one run so it could easily be a different season. Our problem was we waited too long to make the needed changes.
    Last edited by redwaver; 03-30-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by redwaver View Post
    It took years for our BB teams to drop to the levels Coach Rigby and Coach Cunningham found us in
    "Years"? We won the regular season title and went to the NIT in 2010. I'm all for Cunningham, but as the real years go by Maestri's accomplishments with limited resources will seem even more impressive.

We have just become a bad joke.

Unhappy

We have just become a bad joke.
    True true

...im sure something(s)/someone(s) can save us...
    Aa

Zing

Looking at the difference in Troy and ULL in athletics it is alarming. ULL worst performing sport was womens basketball with a 14-16 record. sunbelt champs in football, basketball had a very good year, #2 in the country in baseball, nationally ranked softball team that made it to the World Series two years ago. We better look at what they are doing because what we are doing currently isn't working. If baseball finishes below .500 we will have every sport for the 2013-14 sports year at .500 (football) or below (volleyball, soccer, men's and women's basketball, softball) baseball??? Drastic improvement is needed and hopefully we get it soon. It is frustrating watching a once proud athletics program struggle right now.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Quote Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
    Looking at the difference in Troy and ULL in athletics it is alarming. ULL worst performing sport was womens basketball with a 14-16 record. sunbelt champs in football, basketball had a very good year, #2 in the country in baseball, nationally ranked softball team that made it to the World Series two years ago. We better look at what they are doing because what we are doing currently isn't working. If baseball finishes below .500 we will have every sport for the 2013-14 sports year at .500 (football) or below (volleyball, soccer, men's and women's basketball, softball) baseball??? Drastic improvement is needed and hopefully we get it soon. It is frustrating watching a once proud athletics program struggle right now.
    What exactly do you mean by once proud? By my estimations, JH has placed the right coaches in place and recently added support staff members to augment his vision. I read last night the WBB coach was tweeting back and forth with her players that their goal is to reach the final four. There are several coaches that are fairly new and they deserve the time to put the pieces in place to do the things that they were hired to do. Fawning all over a school that has had recent success is unnecessary. Give credit where it's due and keep it moving.

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Thread Information