Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two commits over the weekend--1/19/2014

Default Two commits over the weekend--1/19/2014

Last edited by trojanbrutha; 01-19-2014 at 10:26 AM.

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Ruben! Ruben! Ruben!

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    Ruben! Ruben! Ruben!
    The film shows very good lateral moves, good downfield vision and when he's not the playmaker, he finds someone to HIT! 4.4 in the 40 ain't bad either.

Looks like we have a punt/KO returner at the least!

GO TROJANS!
    "Yo Ho, HO!!! GO Ye Trojans, one and all!"

Default Carnell Simon

Height 6' 4" Weight 256 lbs
    Position - DE

40 yd 4.8 sec
    100 m 11.6 sec
    Vertical Leap 32"
    Bench Press 440 lbs
    Squat 485 lbs

Football: Georgia MaxPreps: 2011 GA Sack Leader (per strength of conference)
    "Yo Ho, HO!!! GO Ye Trojans, one and all!"

Ruben! Ruben! Ruben!
    We need a kick/punt returner desperately. My only concern is the teams he's playing on film?? Never seen such poor coverage, looked like a 2A high school. Hope he is the real deal, speed is there and he seems to sense the seam good. Welcome to Troy Rueben.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Quote Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
    We need a kick/punt returner desperately. My only concern is the teams he's playing on film?? Never seen such poor coverage, looked like a 2A high school. Hope he is the real deal, speed is there and he seems to sense the seam good. Welcome to Troy Rueben.
    Corey threw 90+ TDs his senior year in HS, but he never did that at Troy. Does that mean he wasn't a good QB? My point is: give the young man a chance and see if the coach that recruited him was right or wrong.

What we do on punt and kick returns will depend much more on the guys making holes. Our returners never even had a chance last season.
    Last edited by TroyFootball05; 01-20-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

Corey threw 90+ TDs his senior year in HS, but he never did that at Troy. Does that mean he wasn't a good QB? My point is: give the young man a chance and see if the coach that recruited him was right or wrong.
    I read his (DG) post 3 times. Don't see where he indicated he's not going to give the young man a chance. Maybe I missed it and you can point it out. He DID SAY the competition was weak. Fact! That always concerns me when I see statistics on players. They can be misleading but if the skills are there then he should perform at any level. This young man seems to have those skills! Just look at the defensive player yesterday for the Patriots. He played at USM (0-12)! Same with team stats. Just because statistics say your team is the nations #1 offensive or defensive team it doesn't mean no one is better in those areas than you. It means you are that good against the competition you play!
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

Small town Georgia but travel the Tri States daily with work

Agree with this statement and some of the others, majority of the time we see a small glimpse of film where a player looks great but if you look again, you see that the team they are playing is a very weak team. That is highlight films in general, which I why there is always more to the story, such as: Games visited in person by a coach or GA to watch a player, Lots more game film than we ever see on the internet that is watch in great detail, Interviews of coaches that have watch these kids play, etc. Much more involved with recruiting and offering a kid than these small glimpse of film. QB are very common to only put out the BEST of their film, what you have to look at is their competition all season, for High School, just because you are great at QB, RB, WR at 4A , your competition level may be not that great, but look at the successful 6A players and their competition is it stronger, sometimes is sometimes not. Same as JUCO VS D1. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by redwaver View Post
    I read his (DG) post 3 times. Don't see where he indicated he's not going to give the young man a chance. Maybe I missed it and you can point it out. He DID SAY the competition was weak. Fact! That always concerns me when I see statistics on players. They can be misleading but if the skills are there then he should perform at any level. This young man seems to have those skills! Just look at the defensive player yesterday for the Patriots. He played at USM (0-12)! Same with team stats. Just because statistics say your team is the nations #1 offensive or defensive team it doesn't mean no one is better in those areas than you. It means you are that good against the competition you play!
    Let me just state this for the record and then we can get back to the recruiting stuff. I'm not going to take this much time usually to go back over someone else's posts, but my interpretation of what I read is that: his competition sucked so he ain't that good. Thus, my comment. (Troy does recruit kids from 2A schools too, by the way.) If you didn't read it that way, no problem. We just see it differently. If dgoebel wants to correct me on my understanding of his statement, he's welcome to do so. It would be better received since it came from him.

I have no issues with dgoebel. I think his football IQ is relatively good. I take shots at him about juco players because he took a stance that is contrary to what I think on the subject, but I don't think any less of him because of that...dgoebel for president!*

*Of the Trojan band dads

Thread Information