Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB Battle

Default QB Battle

This is going to be a very interesting off-season. I have no idea who's going to take the helm as QB. I kinda think Pruitt maybe. Either way its gonna be a good one! Go Trojans!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flockofoscars View Post
    This is going to be a very interesting off-season. I have no idea who's going to take the helm as QB. I kinda think Pruitt maybe. Either way its gonna be a good one! Go Trojans!
    Yessiree! Hopefully we'll land a multi-dimensional, leadership type this go 'round!!
    "Yo Ho, HO!!! GO Ye Trojans, one and all!"

Silvers is going to win the job

Quote Originally Posted by TFan View Post
    Yessiree! Hopefully we'll land a multi-dimensional, leadership type this go 'round!!
    I think Silvers is the QB of the future but I do believe Pruitt will be the best QB on the roster next year. I was watching film on him and what's awesome is that he's mobile but is a pass first guy. He has a great pocket presence and only runs when he needs to! It's cool to watch and 42 td passes with only 6 INTS! Wow! And I played Silvers in High school and he was an amazing QB on a bad Gulf Shores team but he is mobile and has an arm too so if I was a gambling man these are the two QBs in Troy's bright future!

I am going to say Silvers is the future. Very athletic and good arm. We are automatically assuming these juco kids win the job. They have to prove themselves also, juco ball isn't D1, they have to show they can play just like a Silvers and Tidwell have to.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Quote Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
    I am going to say Silvers is the future. Very athletic and good arm. We are automatically assuming these juco kids win the job. They have to prove themselves also, juco ball isn't D1, they have to show they can play just like a Silvers and Tidwell have to.
    Dallas has been getting reps with both the senior QBs going down at one time or another. Word is he has leadership qualities...probably will be an interesting T Day.

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    Dallas has been getting reps with both the senior QBs going down at one time or another. Word is he has leadership qualities...probably will be an interesting T Day.
    I am more looking forward to this T-Day than any in the last 5 years. When was the last time we could have 4 legitimate QB's battling for the job
    Last edited by dgoebel; 12-05-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    I have heard nothing but good things about his character and leadership. I know he has stayed during the summers to workout also. Seen him in the weight room this summer. My one and only concern with him is his mobility. He has the arm for sure.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Tidwell needs to put on some weight. It has been a long time since we have had a real QB battle. I like the possibilities and picking up the JUCO guy just throws a big wrench in it.....I like it.

Default Dallas Tidwell

Quote Originally Posted by Discophobia View Post
    Tidwell needs to put on some weight. It has been a long time since we have had a real QB battle. I like the possibilities and picking up the JUCO guy just throws a big wrench in it.....I like it.
    Dallas at his listed wt of 232 is +27 lbs over Corey and stands 6" taller as well.
    I doubt if he is any less mobile than Corey, but not as mobile as Deon. Dallas extra height is a +++ in my book. His pass mechanics are a bit funky but he sure showed he could chunk that ball vs Ole miss.

Character, leadership and intangibles are not an issue with Dallas, I've been told.
    "Yo Ho, HO!!! GO Ye Trojans, one and all!"

Thread Information