Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just My Thoughts.

Default Just My Thoughts.

I've been away from the board, all the while watching the games in agony. Not voicing my thoughts on whether I'm for or against LB. Just my thoughts on things. My thoughts right now is that it'd be better to beat T-STATE and then not get a bid to a bowl game. I'd much rather us finish the season at mediocre than us to go to a bowl and finish below the .500 line.
    ‎"There would be a lot less coaches fired in our Conference if all of our programs could have eight home games and all of our out-of-conference opponents be Division 2" - Larry Blakeney.

Angry

I would prefer this senior class go out with a trip to a bowl game.
    Trojan Warrior
    Emerald Coast Alumni Member

If you don't believe it, you can't achieve it.

I don't want to restart the whole "Montgomery bowl would suck" thing, I'm not a member of the team so idk, you're probably right, but I don't think I would enjoy going to Birmingham just to get blown out on national TV and have a short sad trip home.
    ‎"There would be a lot less coaches fired in our Conference if all of our programs could have eight home games and all of our out-of-conference opponents be Division 2" - Larry Blakeney.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Man View Post
    I would prefer this senior class go out with a trip to a bowl game.
    They surely deserve it...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherofanalum View Post
    I've been away from the board, all the while watching the games in agony. Not voicing my thoughts on whether I'm for or against LB. Just my thoughts on things. My thoughts right now is that it'd be better to beat T-STATE and then not get a bid to a bowl game. I'd much rather us finish the season at mediocre than us to go to a bowl and finish below the .500 line.
    All due respect...that's ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by srbtrojan View Post
    All due respect...that's ridiculous!
    I seriously don't know why you want to go out of your way to waist money on what's probably going to be a terrible game, IF we're that lucky. By all means I hope I'm so full of crow I can't handle it. Not trying to be a debbie downer, even though that's what it seems to be. But Brutha said something very true. THEY, the team deserve it.

Default Going bowling

Keep in mind that even getting to a bowl game, regardless of the outcome, gets us 3 full weeks of extra practice that we wouldn't otherwise have.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherofanalum View Post
    I seriously don't know why you want to go out of your way to waist money on what's probably going to be a terrible game, IF we're that lucky. By all means I hope I'm so full of crow I can't handle it. Not trying to be a debbie downer, even though that's what it seems to be. But Brutha said something very true. THEY, the team deserve it.
    It you think it's a waste of money, STAY HOME.
    Trojan Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Trojan View Post
    Keep in mind that even getting to a bowl game, regardless of the outcome, gets us 3 full weeks of extra practice that we wouldn't otherwise have.
    That's an excellent point!!
    Trojan Warrior

Get blown out? Who would we potentially be playing?

I think just about everyone thinks bowl game > no bowl game. It's just a little reward for .500 at this point, if nothing more. Why not get one last chance at victory, one last chance to play.
    My other team is a National Champion.

Thread Information