Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newman Center Dorms

Default Newman Center Dorms, Freedom From Religion

Does anyone else think its idiotic that the Freedom From Religion? Go Trojans! and I hope we fight this! I am proud of Troy for not bowing down to these threats.

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/07/free...oundati_1.html

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/07/read...-based_st.html
    Last edited by flockofoscars; 08-01-2013 at 11:58 AM.

I'm glad the university is fighting this! I am a proud Christian student at TROY!! Faith-based dorms simply add to the diversity that the university is trying to build. It's this diversity and tolerance of diversity that creates positive, proactive environments.

Here's to the school we love... GO TROY!

Ditto. I am so sick of these Godless Liberals. Glad to see Troy taking a stand.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Atheists are generally miserable people who love nothing more than to make everyone else miserable around them. I hope Troy can putting a whupping on these godless Yankees. Fight them every step of the way for Trojans past, present and future.

To me its sad. The reason I say that is this. I can't live in these dorms because I don't practice being a Christian and active in the faith? What if that was the only housing available, but yet I couldn't because I don't practice the faith. That may be a stretch, however the way housing is at TROY it could come into play. Plus, the university doesn't have enough housing for everyone, so I believe people that don't practice that faith be allowed to live in those dorms. I have known many students not get housing because there isn't anymore, but now we are limiting where people can stay.

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanPride87 View Post
    To me its sad. The reason I say that is this. I can't live in these dorms because I don't practice being a Christian and active in the faith? What if that was the only housing available, but yet I couldn't because I don't practice the faith. That may be a stretch, however the way housing is at TROY it could come into play. Plus, the university doesn't have enough housing for everyone, so I believe people that don't practice that faith be allowed to live in those dorms. I have known many students not get housing because there isn't anymore, but now we are limiting where people can stay.
    Do you feel the same about the fraternity/serority houses? Don't the university own those buildings at Troy? Wasn't state money used? I couldnt stay there unless I was a member. The difference? Why is it that Christians are always the ones expected to yield? Maybe instead of thinking Christian students don't have a right to a dorm paid for by non state funds, you might understand that without that agreement those dorms would not exist. That's a better idea? Really? Having those dorms funded by a religious organization DOES assist those not practicing a faith by opening up other rooms normally used by tjese Christian students.
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

Considering I'm in a fraternity that isn't allowed to have a house, I really could careless. Have you noticed all buildings that have to do with faith are Christian based. Other religions yield to Christians as well;because Christians are always pushing its faith down others throat. Actually it really doesn't open up space; not by a whole lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by trojanpride87 View Post
    considering i'm in a fraternity that isn't allowed to have a house, i really could careless. Have you noticed all buildings that have to do with faith are christian based. Other religions yield to christians as well;because christians are always pushing its faith down others throat. Actually it really doesn't open up space; not by a whole lot though.
    really?
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

They'll be over priced and ruined within a semester just like Trojan Village.
    “You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.” -Larry Blakeney

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanPride87 View Post
    Considering I'm in a fraternity that isn't allowed to have a house, I really could careless. Have you noticed all buildings that have to do with faith are Christian based. Other religions yield to Christians as well;because Christians are always pushing its faith down others throat. Actually it really doesn't open up space; not by a whole lot though.
    This.
    “You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.” -Larry Blakeney

Thread Information