Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I did not know this was here

Smile I did not know this was here

I am a current student at Troy. I have been viewing these message boards since i arrived. I never knew ya'll had created a student section. Very nice, have to publicize it more, to get more students on here

tell your friends about it! Seems like this site isn't popular among most students, they don't know about it
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend – and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

I'm a student too. I accidentally stumbled upon this message board when I was looking up off-season information on Troy athletics. With the school year over, I started suffering from Troy sports withdrawals.

Talking

we need to get more students involved. as many of the alumni on here can tell, they also look at student support when deciding to send out conference invitations

We have to find a way to fill up the new arena. I went to just about every home game, and the arena was almost always so empty. Even big-time conference games against Arkansas State (what a great game) and Middle TN were not anywhere near a packed house.

I think our football attendance is decent, and our baseball games usually have a somewhat decent crowd. However, for the most part, many Troy students aren't excited for any gameday other than football.

I just graduated in May, and I agree. Here's the thing though, we're not in Basketball country. I absolutely hate watching basketball games, it's just a dull sport to me. Baseball and football I can watch all day long.
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend – and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

I find the NBA to be rather boring, but I can watch college basketball all day long. There's something thrilling to me about a game that is so short. Most games seemed to only last about an hour and 45 minutes or so. But yeah, I totally understand that most people around here have no interest in college basketball. I just hoped the new arena would make more people give it a shot. Maybe Cunningham can bring some campus excitement to the program. I don't know. I don't really have any idea what typical crowds were like when Troy's basketball team was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by RCTtrojans View Post
    We have to find a way to fill up the new arena. I went to just about every home game, and the arena was almost always so empty. Even big-time conference games against Arkansas State (what a great game) and Middle TN were not anywhere near a packed house.

I think our football attendance is decent, and our baseball games usually have a somewhat decent crowd. However, for the most part, many Troy students aren't excited for any gameday other than football.
    That is the most obvious shortcoming we exhibit since moving to DI. Troy has always been a suitcase college/university and its sad. My recollections of my college years are best remembered on weekends even though it was sooooo evacuated. We have got to change that it we ever intend to really stake claim to being a BIG BOY/GIRL university!!
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

I know, it really does, for lack of a better word, suck that some students just do not care about the university that they attend. We need to get more school pride, but also more things in the city to make students want to stay here.. maybe legalize draft beer...

Quote Originally Posted by PCTrojan15 View Post
    I know, it really does, for lack of a better word, suck that some students just do not care about the university that they attend. We need to get more school pride, but also more things in the city to make students want to stay here.. maybe legalize draft beer...
    Not to mention update the Walmart (that place is eerie) and add in some good pregame restaurants. Almost every restaurant in Troy is fast food. I know some places have made an attempt or are making an attempt, but I can't even count the number of times I've heard someone say, "There's nowhere good to eat at in Troy." Troy, the town, is in desperate need of some revitalization.

Thread Information