Thread: Pursuade ARMY

Default Pursuade ARMY

Guys, I have often wondered if ARMY would consider moving back into a Conference from the Independent ranks. A few years ago, they were members of C-USA. I think it would be great to have them join the Belt in football only and give us that illusive 12th member. I know they are not in our regional or geographic footprint, but we already have two 'football only' members that are way beyond that territory. We all remember what is was like having NAVY visit our wonderful campus last Fall, it would be even better to have ARMY come through TROY with all the local ARMY guys in our area.

Just a thought.....

EAST:

ARMY
    App State
    GA Southern
    GA State
    South Ala
    TROY

WEST:

La Mon
    La La
    TX State
    ARK State
    NM State
    Idaho

Go TROY!

Don't think they would join but I hope we can schedule them. I noticed WKU has both Army and Navy next season. If we could get Army or Air Force it would be huge with the proximity of bases so close.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Troy 79,

Great idea, but West Point will never join the Sun Belt. Their fans, alumni and leaders still hold grandoise ideas about winning National Championships and Heisman Trophies. They hold themselves up against the likes of Notre Dame, USC and even Alabama.

Even though the Cadets have been repeatedly trounced by Navy, Air Force, Notre Dame and even FCS competition over the past 15 years, there is no way they will ever join the Sun Belt.

Having said all that... I think it would be great if Troy would schedule them with the proximity of the military bases. That would be a great game and I think it would fill the seats at Veterans Stadium.

Army would be awesome! Florida gulf coast might be a better fit. The university has approved to a have a football team. Great baseball and basketball and in your footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_TroJans View Post
    Army would be awesome! Florida gulf coast might be a better fit. The university has approved to a have a football team. Great baseball and basketball and in your footprint.
    FGC will be a while before they will be D1 in football. They have no stadium there also. Stetson and Florida Tech have football now. FL Tech goes into the Gulf South Conference (DII) and I am not sure on Stetson.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Thread Information