Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Blazer85

Default re:

As they have for 4 years out of the last 5.
    Lifetime Alumni Association member
    Metro Montgomery Alumni Association Board member
    Living Fossil
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Default re:

When the UAB fans did the standing O for the ejected player you could see it was noticed by our team bench as well. I wonder if that was discussed at halftime in our locker room.
    Living Fossil

Quote Originally Posted by jagd1305 View Post
    When the UAB fans did the standing O for the ejected player you could see it was noticed by our team bench as well. I wonder if that was discussed at halftime in our locker room.
    I hope it was. Trying to injure another person over football is as low as you can get.
    ‎"There would be a lot less coaches fired in our Conference if all of our programs could have eight home games and all of our out-of-conference opponents be Division 2" - Larry Blakeney.

I wasn't very close to the UAB team section, but the various random Blazer fans in my section (upper GA) were good sports all around.

Come on guys, I celebrated this win as much as anybody, but you guys really want to talk about class after creating a thread calling an individual out and heaping scorn on a defeated team? As usual, too big for your britches.

Barely scraping by UAB is not the way I wanted to start the season, even though there were some definite highlights to be happy about. And hopefully to build upon in what should be a cheerfest next weekend.

Default re:

I'm not calling the UAB player out for the the hit. I expect we're going to see this penalty more than a few times this year because athletes now have to completely change the mindset they have been coached to have on such plays since they were kids. From my position in the stadium and to many others as well, it was reminiscent of the FAU fan reaction on the hit on Omar a few years ago. It didn't go over well and the comparison was immediately made by some.
    Living Fossil

If the player gets ejected for ths particular penalty and play continues with no one getting hurt and they want to cheer their ejected player....fine. But that's not the case here. Pickett was injured, appeared to be unconscious for a bit and was carted off the field. To stand as one (and trust me, the UAB fans did) and cheer a player who's been ejected for a cheap shot that results in the injury of another player is the most classless act I've ever seen at a ball game. The UAB football team came to play and they gave us a great ball game, but their fans were an embarrassment.
    S Burgess
    "See ball, hit ball" Kanorris Davis '10

Quote Originally Posted by jagd1305 View Post
    And I enjoyed how the UAB fans celebrated the injured Troy player and the standing ovation they gave their ejected player. You can't buy class Blazers. Ever. You are what you are. And you're stinking losers. AGAIN. Suck it!

You cannot expect any other response from the UAB crowd. After all, they have to fight and shoot their way to their own football games.
    Someone once said "You can take the fan out of the ghetto, but you can't take the stupidity out of the fan", or something like that...
    Ignorance is bliss, and they are blissful. The display by those ffffans reaffirms my longtime disgust for them and the "horse they rode in on". The End.
    A man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.
    I feel more like I do Now than I did Last Week..

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanEmpire View Post
    If that's true that they were aware of the situation and did that, then that is truly pathetic.
    They were (aware) and it was (pathetic).

Exclamation Moderator Action

First thing first, I will say that I disagree with calling a single poster our on the Football section of the board. So, I am moving it to where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba the Trojan View Post
    The UAB football team came to play and they gave us a great ball game, but their fans were an embarrassment.
    Agreed. I respect the UAB players and how hard they played last night, could have gone the other way. However, the way their fans cheered for this situation, they should feel collectively ashamed of themselves.

I know that if this scenario had been reversed, their fans would be worked up about it too. It's the normal fan reaction to what they did.

This is a rivalry and I expect our two fanbases to have friction between 'em, but some things are simply not proper.
    Last edited by Burn the Horse; 09-01-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Ya, I shouldn't have started this thread.

I apologize.
    MARCH ON, TROJANS and WHO DAT?!,

The Awesome Possum

Go Troy or Go HOME!

"Jesus turned water into wine, I turn it into Liquor." - "Popcorn" Sutton

Thread Information