Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody got their feelings hurt on signing day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lego View Post
    Who cares ?

Lets play.
    If there isn't discussion on the upcoming opponent, and quotes from their head coach, on GTT then what exactly is the purpose of a message board?
    Trojan Warrior
    Emerald Coast Alumni Member

If you don't believe it, you can't achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Man View Post
    If there isn't discussion on the upcoming opponent, and quotes from their head coach, on GTT then what exactly is the purpose of a message board?
    You know he has to br right...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

I think Coach McGee and most UAB folks genuinely like Drew. He does a good job of coverage UAB athletics.

In terms of the comments that were said, who knows. I have assumed such negative recruiting has been going on against UAB for years. I suspect Coach McGee doesn't operate that way in recruiting. He's a positive guy, and therefore is more focused on selling recruits on what he and UAB can offer rather than relying on trying to talk down to the competition in order to convince them to come.

Selling a recruit on what UAB has to offer??? The silence must be deafening.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Quote Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
    Selling a recruit on what UAB has to offer??? The silence must be deafening.
    I'm sure Legion Field is a huge selling point.

LOL only because you can't say UAB has anything better. The only thing you can sell recruits on is instant playing time and a monogrammed bullet proof vest.
    ‎"There would be a lot less coaches fired in our Conference if all of our programs could have eight home games and all of our out-of-conference opponents be Division 2" - Larry Blakeney.

What shocks me the most about this article is the fact someone at my old high school was good enough to get recruited by a Division I school.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer85 View Post
    I think Coach McGee and most UAB folks genuinely like Drew. He does a good job of coverage UAB athletics.

In terms of the comments that were said, who knows. I have assumed such negative recruiting has been going on against UAB for years. I suspect Coach McGee doesn't operate that way in recruiting. He's a positive guy, and therefore is more focused on selling recruits on what he and UAB can offer rather than relying on trying to talk down to the competition in order to convince them to come.
    Yea, right.

Piece of advice, don't guzzle the kool-aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer85 View Post

Young man, if you believe that then the train left you at the station!
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

In the world where Troy still believed Anytime, Anywhere

This Blazer85 is a plant/someone posing to keep these threads going.

Nobody is that dumb.
    No "keyboard coach" in that opinion, just plain old fashion eye balls and an ability to read, see and comprehend.
    You know, just plain old common sense.

Thread Information