Thread: Dissappointed

Hybrid View

Default Dissappointed

Let me first say, not at all disappointed in the band nor football team. I am Trojan through and through. However, my family always looks forward to going to at least 1 game to see the entire band perform as well as to cheer on the Men of Troy.
    We were going to go to the Georgia State game to see our beloved SOTS, but now have found out only the pep band will be attending. I can't make either of the first two games. Now, Supposedly the homecoming game is at 12noon, and that will be almost impossible for me to attend as I have high school football duties on Friday night six hours away from Troy. Afterward all the other home games are either Thursday or Friday, and those are for sure out of the question as I have a job and family to take care of.
    So, I am disappointed in the fact that I probably will not get to see the SOTS perform at all this year except for on video. Now, I will still be in the Georgia Dome cheering on the Trojans on October 12th. But it is just not the same without the SOTS in attendance.
    So I ask that whoever makes out the football schedule to not cater next year to ESPN or whatever other big sports channels. I am so disappointed that this has driven our schedule instead of the true and loyal fan that could attend a normal 3:00 or later Saturday game. SATURDAY GAME!!!!! It s a schedule that a normal family person or career minded person cannot conform to.
    I know I have ranted, but I am ticked. Like I say not at the band or our team. Just ticked!!!
    I know the Ga State game is their homecoming, but hasn't the band attended other homecomings before? I was so hoping to bring some of my students, who are possibly considering Troy, to come see the band at a convenient location.
    Love you SOTS. Keep up the awesome work. Just wish I could see ya thanks to whoever schedules for the love of ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by tsusax94 View Post
    Let me first say, not at all disappointed in the band nor football team. I am Trojan through and through. However, my family always looks forward to going to at least 1 game to see the entire band perform as well as to cheer on the Men of Troy.
    We were going to go to the Georgia State game to see our beloved SOTS, but now have found out only the pep band will be attending. I can't make either of the first two games. Now, Supposedly the homecoming game is at 12noon, and that will be almost impossible for me to attend as I have high school football duties on Friday night six hours away from Troy. Afterward all the other home games are either Thursday or Friday, and those are for sure out of the question as I have a job and family to take care of.
    So, I am disappointed in the fact that I probably will not get to see the SOTS perform at all this year except for on video. Now, I will still be in the Georgia Dome cheering on the Trojans on October 12th. But it is just not the same without the SOTS in attendance.
    So I ask that whoever makes out the football schedule to not cater next year to ESPN or whatever other big sports channels. I am so disappointed that this has driven our schedule instead of the true and loyal fan that could attend a normal 3:00 or later Saturday game. SATURDAY GAME!!!!! It s a schedule that a normal family person or career minded person cannot conform to.
    I know I have ranted, but I am ticked. Like I say not at the band or our team. Just ticked!!!
    I know the Ga State game is their homecoming, but hasn't the band attended other homecomings before? I was so hoping to bring some of my students, who are possibly considering Troy, to come see the band at a convenient location.
    Love you SOTS. Keep up the awesome work. Just wish I could see ya thanks to whoever schedules for the love of ESPN.
    I agree and support these thoughts even though I also understand the need of money for our goals. It's difficult to get upset at fans not supporting the team if the Troy schedules home games without thinking of what the traveling working families need to do to attend.
    Last edited by redwaver; 08-10-2013 at 05:39 AM.
    !ďWinning is not a sometime thing: itís an all the time thing. You donít win once in a while; you donít do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.Ē ó Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by tsusax94 View Post
    Unfortunately, Troy, nor any other school in the conference has control of it's entire schedule. For that matter, the same can be said of most every conference. Troy is responsible for obtaining contracts for games against out of conference competition (This year, for instance, it's UAB, Savannah St, Duke, Ole Miss & Miss. St.).

But once those are contracted and the dates set, then the conference office has the task of creating a conference schedule to work around each schools' out of conference schedule, and inside a 14-week window, and at the same time, create games that are attractive to a television viewing audience (i.e. ESPN). ESPN is a driver of those Tuesday/Thursday/Friday games, but that's often the only way Sunbelt teams will get a conference game televised.
    Founding Trojan Warrior
    Trojan Warrior Council Member
    Founding Shield Society Member
    Lifetime Alumni Member
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Memeber
    Pensacola Alumni Chapter Member

Thread Information