Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Band travel update

Quote Originally Posted by newnan trojan View Post
    That's really disappointing! I was looking forward to the full band at GSU... Heck it's only a 2.5 hour drive. Geez!
    GSU bands will not let us perform halftime because it's their homecoming.

Here's to the school we love... GO TROY!

Quote Originally Posted by Trojans1andAll View Post
    How well will the recruiting go when kids realize the band never leaves Troy?
    The band does leave Troy -- quite frequently, actually. We perform at three high school exhibitions each fall, two of which are outside the city limits (our form of recruiting). Every other year, there are two guaranteed full band trips (UAB and USA). In addition, we perform at the Veteran's Day parade in Montgomery.

Money is tight this year due to budgeting for the new Long Hall on campus, so the travel budget became considerably smaller.

Here's to the school we love... GO TROY!

Default I'm a band alum ...

... and I am seeing the Sound less and less. Went to the last UNT game and the pep band was all I got (which was good). But when I came all the way to Knoxville from Dallas (drove) and did not even get the pep band?

SOTS is one of Troy's hottest recruiting tools. I understand a visiting team is not into giving up 300 seats for free, but that can be written into contracts by the school. That is, if Troy wants to showcase itself.

I'd bet if we talked to Nebraska about playing, they'd insist we bring the Sound.

We're missing an opportunity here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Trojan View Post
    ... and I am seeing the Sound less and less. Went to the last UNT game and the pep band was all I got (which was good). But when I came all the way to Knoxville from Dallas (drove) and did not even get the pep band?

SOTS is one of Troy's hottest recruiting tools. I understand a visiting team is not into giving up 300 seats for free, but that can be written into contracts by the school. That is, if Troy wants to showcase itself.

I'd bet if we talked to Nebraska about playing, they'd insist we bring the Sound.

We're missing an opportunity here ...
    We have a hard enough time getting OOC games, we'd never get one if we ask for 350-400 tickets.
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

Believe me, the band wants to travel and the kids do too, but it is unfortunate that we are not able to travel with the full band this year to any games - except a bowl game. This is an exception and not the norm. By the way, we were NEVER going to Nebraska until someone with deep pockets gave the university the money needed for us to travel to that game that year. The AD wants our presence at more games and without our budget increasing, that means less full band trips so that some form of band can be at more games.

Thread Information