Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Band travel update

That's really disappointing! I was looking forward to the full band at GSU... Heck it's only a 2.5 hour drive. Geez!
    MARCH ON TROJANS!

Trojan Warrior
    Donor Club
    Atlanta Trojan on Sun Beltbbs

Quote Originally Posted by newnan trojan View Post
    That's really disappointing! I was looking forward to the full band at GSU... Heck it's only a 2.5 hour drive. Geez!
    Bring the band to the Georgia Dome!! Let'm play in the stands. We'll go watch them do their show in the parking lot or something.

How well will the recruiting go when kids realize the band never leaves Troy?

They leave Troy, just not always the full band. The fun part of being is SOTS is the performing, if they don't perform, so those tickets were basically wasted for the full 300+ band to become a pep band.
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

They pay for the band's food? I understand they're college students and they work hard with band so it's not always easy to have money, but it seems like the band members would rather pay for their own food than but get to go to the game. I know that wouldnt change it to where they could go to every game but still.
    ‎"There would be a lot less coaches fired in our Conference if all of our programs could have eight home games and all of our out-of-conference opponents be Division 2" - Larry Blakeney.

The band members already pay to be in the class and a band fee

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFanatic View Post
    They leave Troy, just not always the full band. The fun part of being is SOTS is the performing, if they don't perform, so those tickets were basically wasted for the full 300+ band to become a pep band.
    The most absurd, horrendous, stupid, you name it, thing I have ever heard is that the band has to buy tickets to attend an away game. It is an absolute shame. Now there have been some great folks who have given money for the SOTS to go to some games. For example, I believe someone paid for the entire band to travel to Nebraska the first time. And I believe that the University has paid for some trips. (Just my belief, cause it is the greatest university in the world)
    But if they are going to do that, hey, let's charge the visiting football team and visiting cheerleaders, visiting camera crew, etc. to attend.
    Then the whole world would be FAIR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tsusax94 View Post
    The most absurd, horrendous, stupid, you name it, thing I have ever heard is that the band has to buy tickets to attend an away game. It is an absolute shame. Now there have been some great folks who have given money for the SOTS to go to some games. For example, I believe someone paid for the entire band to travel to Nebraska the first time. And I believe that the University has paid for some trips. (Just my belief, cause it is the greatest university in the world)
    But if they are going to do that, hey, let's charge the visiting football team and visiting cheerleaders, visiting camera crew, etc. to attend.
    Then the whole world would be FAIR!!!
    I won't argue that fact with you, BUT it's actually smart, on the home teams side. If I was a coach/on the football team why would I want the other team to have an extra 300+ fans on their side? What about the home band not getting shown up? (i.e. Most SEC Schools) It's a deterrent to the visiting team so they have less of a shot at winning, at least, that's the way I'd put it haha

SEC schools are in it to make money, point blank, they will not give away tickets that they could be making money off of to a visiting band.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyTuba View Post
    SEC schools are in it to make money, point blank, they will not give away tickets that they could be making money off of to a visiting band.
    ^^^^^ That

Thread Information