Thread: Georgia State/Georgia Dome

Hybrid View

Smile Georgia State/Georgia Dome

I am planning to go to the Georgia State game in Atlanta and take a group with me. However, I have heard it is Ga State's homecoming. First, does anyone know if the SOTS will get to perform their half-time show? Second, I have not been to a Troy away game, with the exception of Clemson, (the band did not attend) in years. Will the band play a post-game show? And will they do the post-game on the field or in the stands?

As always, Go Troy!!!!!!:happy110

Quote Originally Posted by tsusax94 View Post
    I am planning to go to the Georgia State game in Atlanta and take a group with me. However, I have heard it is Ga State's homecoming. First, does anyone know if the SOTS will get to perform their half-time show? Second, I have not been to a Troy away game, with the exception of Clemson, (the band did not attend) in years. Will the band play a post-game show? And will they do the post-game on the field or in the stands?

As always, Go Troy!!!!!!:happy110
    SOTS doesn't do a post game at away games. They may play a few songs, but not like the usual post game. If they play, it'll be in the stands. SOTS will be at Georgia State in full, as far as halftime, I'm not sure anything will be known until closer to game time. You can stay updated on the SOTS Itinerary at www.soundofthesouth.org
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

FULL BAND will be there! And we will probably play at halftime, but it may be a condensed version of our regular show. If we win, we will most likely stay in the stands and play for the fans. If we lose (which is unlikely) then we will probably still stay in the stands and play for the fans. haha

Here's to the school we love... GO TROY!

Quote Originally Posted by SOTStrumpet View Post
    If we lose (which is unlikely) then we will probably still stay in the stands and play for the fans. haha

Man how I miss those days. I remember playing at Jax State, the one time we played them when I was in school, and wanting to go home so badly. But, it was Jax State and Dr. Long said do it again about 800 times.

I didn't think the band got on the field at other schools' Homecoming halftimes, but I'll be at the game and happy if you do.

This whole schedule stinks. Two Thurs night games and 1 Friday night game, homecoming in early October and the road game the band goes to is the other teams homecoming....good grief.
    Last edited by dgoebel; 07-11-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Quote Originally Posted by tntrojan View Post
    I didn't think the band got on the field at other schools' Homecoming halftimes, but I'll be at the game and happy if you do.
    It may be like South Carolina a few years ago, SOTS plays before the game
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

Thread Information