Thread: Sun Belt Conference meetings to begin Sunday; Conference Realignment may be the focus

Default Sun Belt Conference meetings to begin Sunday; Conference Realignment may be the focus

We all may have a more clear picture as to how the Sun Belt will look for 2014 after the upcoming meetings in Destin this week....

James Madison, Liberty, Missouri State, Jacksonville St, Lamar and Sam Houston State are still possible candidates for Sun Belt expansion!

The conference that lost 4 members and will be losing one more next summer, will be meeting during the Annual spring meeting beginning Sunday in Destin, Florida. The meeting will last thru Wednesday and is expected be centered on conference expansion.

We all know that Florida International, Florida Atlantic, North Texas and Middle Tennessee have all left the Sun Belt Conference for Conference USA for the upcoming season. Not only the four have exited the Sun Belt, but Western Kentucky joins them in a brand new home in CUSA as well. They said they were looking for a better conference with more exposure and revenue. Maybe CUSA offers that to them and others.

http://sunbeltinsider.blogspot.com/2...-to-being.html

I don't think Jax St. is even a consideration. The last I heard, their BoT said they weren't interested in going down that path in the foreseeable future.
    Founding Trojan Warrior
    Trojan Warrior Council Member
    Founding Shield Society Member
    Lifetime Alumni Member
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Memeber
    Pensacola Alumni Chapter Member

I don't expect to see any moving after this week of meetings. I think we are gonna hold out and give JMU and Missouri State more time to make their decisions. I really hope it's Missouri State when it does happen.

I think they WANT another team for the EAST division. Presently I do NOT see one in that list.
    Mr.E_205_Legion
    Trojan by choice and not by school

I'd like to see the Citadel for the east, but I'd like to see Missouri State for a shorter commute to see a game for myself...
    Last edited by Possum; 05-20-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    MARCH ON, TROJANS and WHO DAT?!,

The Awesome Possum

Go Troy or Go HOME!

"Jesus turned water into wine, I turn it into Liquor." - "Popcorn" Sutton

Thread Information