Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charleston and State of SC Making Pitch to Sunbelt...for The Citadel?

Has anyone posted this on the Sunbelt Board? I don't like most of you, so why would I punish myself posting on a board of people I really don't like - especially those clowns from SWLa.
    Amen to that. I do SO wish you and the other yous would stop with the stupid nicknames for teams. Makes TROY fans look like a bunch of children and is confusing for new Trojan fans visiting this board as well. Bah, whatever.

More on point, the Citadel is an interesting option. Certainly like it better than Liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho Johnny View Post
    Amen to that. I do SO wish you and the other yous would stop with the stupid nicknames for teams. Makes TROY fans look like a bunch of children and is confusing for new Trojan fans visiting this board as well. Bah, whatever.
    I am NOT sure IF my comment of "Happy Appy" was considered in the above "and the other yous" above. IF SO I would think that you evidently have limited knowledge of ASU. I have visited there and actually lectured there in the past. "Happy Appy" is a common nickname used by ASU Alumni, Faculty, and Students. See exhibit A near the bottom: http://pinterest.com/pin/275775177154130180/

IF you were NOT including my above mentioned comment and were ONLY referring to the "SWLa" mentioned by you know who, then I guess that is an age thing since that was their name when I visited their campus in the 1970's http://louisiana.edu/content/about-u...ory/university

Just wanted to use this as a teachable moment. We should ALL know the background and some History of our conference mates. Especially if we do not want them referring to us as TSU or Troy State
    Mr.E_205_Legion
    Trojan by choice and not by school

Default Re:

I would like this addition much more than any of the other offerings we've heard about. I love Charleston. I also agree with WeSuck. I don't like me either! :)
    Last edited by jagd1305; 04-30-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Lifetime Alumni Association member
    Metro Montgomery Alumni Association Board member
    Living Fossil
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Quote Originally Posted by WeSuck.com View Post
    From what I read the stadium is right next door to the campus, so its not like a UA's B team deal.

Interesting too, that The Citadel is a public University, so the State does have some say in the matter. And from what I can tell-they have a tremendous amount of inffluence in Columbia.

Also, WOW! Never thought about our AD angle. Maybe there is some truth to this? I aint buying it yet, but The Citadel and Charleston make much more sense than Liberty, JMU and ETSU. I personally have fallen into the Lamar camp, but would not be unhappy at all to welcome the Bulldogs into the SB.
    The Baseball stadium is next door, that is where I tailgated last season for the GSU @ Citadel game. Both Stadiums are nice.

Let me also say that I think there is a less than 5% chance that the Citadel is our #12 football school.
    Last edited by GaSouthern; 04-30-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Troy, James Madison, The Citadel...interesting conference shuffle
    Aa

Zing

Thread Information