Thread: Lyrics to the old TSU Alma Mater

Default Lyrics to the old TSU Alma Mater

Thought I would ask if anybody has the lyrics to the old TSU alma mater. I remember some of it, but I still think its a lot prettier than the new Trojan Sword one...
    MARCH ON, TROJANS and WHO DAT?!,

The Awesome Possum

Go Troy or Go HOME!

"Jesus turned water into wine, I turn it into Liquor." - "Popcorn" Sutton

I THINK I can remember BOTH sets. The original set written by Kirvin Solomon was altered by Dr. Long at some point.

Solomon/Long-

Our vows of love, our vows of faith, Troy State we say to thee. Where e'er we go you'll always know we'll ever loyal be. Not for a day, not for a year shall we each other greet as fellow students, fellow friends but till in heav'n we meet. So hail, alma mater, Troy State we all love thee. So hail alma mater, we'll aye be true to thee. True to thee!

My memory is fuzzy and I don't have access to the documents at the moment, but I believe the original text by Solomon was:

Our vows of love, our vows of faith, dear school we say to thee. Each gentle maid, each strong lad will ever loyal be. Not for a day, not for a year shall we each other greet as fellow students, fellow friends but till in heav'n we meet. So hail, alma mater, dear school we all love thee. So hail alma mater, we'll aye be true to thee. S-T-C!
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Thread Information