Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kid Rock And Troy

Default Kid Rock And Troy

Don't know if this is true but I met a gentleman yesterday from here that has property up around Union Springs said Kid Rock has a place up around there and has Troy Tags on his truck. If this is true the University needs to reach out to him and roll out the carpet. It would be great for publicity and possible fund raising. Invite him to some games etc. Couldn't hurt IMO having him at a Troy football game or basketball game as a VIP. Anyone know if any of this is true?
    Last edited by dgoebel; 04-06-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

It wouldn't surprise me - isn't it true that Hank Williams Jr. has some presence in the state and they are friends, right?

Reach out sure, just please, no Kid Rock halftime show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho Johnny View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me - isn't it true that Hank Williams Jr. has some presence in the state and they are friends, right?

Reach out sure, just please, no Kid Rock halftime show.
    At least it would be better than than that stupid Black Eyed Peas Super Bowl Concert. Maybe we could have the Kid Rock Football Complex in the End Zone
    Last edited by dgoebel; 04-06-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Troy football related?

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    Troy football related?
    Wasn't sure where to post it but my thoughts was how he possibly could benefit the football program.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Quote Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post it but my thoughts was how he possibly could benefit the football program.
    Everything else...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

I remember reading he came through Troy last year. He bought a Troy basketball jersey and wore it at Bama fest or whatever that concert is called.
    “You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.” -Larry Blakeney

HA it would be awesome to have a Kid Rock halftime show, and if this is true it would be awesome if we could get him to sponsor us in some way.

It is true that he does. Hank Jr. has land not to far from where my land is.

Quote Originally Posted by flockofoscars View Post
    HA it would be awesome to have a Kid Rock halftime show, and if this is true it would be awesome if we could get him to sponsor us in some way.
    Never underestimate these celebrities. Here in Ocala, we have John Travolta as a resident full time. He lives in an avaiation community here. Some how, the resident here have accepted him as one of us and he freely goes about town without being hassled. The last time my son was home he was at the starbucks on our square when Travolta sat right next to him, said Hi, and preceded to have his drink. No one came up for an autograph or anything. We see him around town all the time. In appreciation for this he has done a ton of things for the community. He has had movie premiers at the movie theater, donated to charities etc. It has been a win/win prop...well except for the stupid Scientology office we have here now, but that is another story. Think outside the box and reach out to Kid Rock, worse case he says no, best case we get some exposure or donations.
    Last edited by dgoebel; 04-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

Thread Information