Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Next for the BELT: JMU out - Liberty in

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Smiths Station, AL
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowerMan View Post
    Many people think because it is a Bible College that they will not have the tools to compete. I disagree. I think Liberty would be a good (not great) choice should that time come. I believe they have enough fan following that they would grow just like we did.

    I think many are concerned they might slip a f bomb and someone will be listening......or they would be scared for the reaction they might receive. While I did not always like Dr Falwell's delivery or "all" his beliefs, I did like the fact that he never backed down from his core beliefs.

    But this is an university. Not a one man show anymore.
    Exactly. I concur 100 percent.
    Rusty Courson
    Smiths Station, Alabama

    "The sun never sets on Troy State" - Ralph Adams

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga, U.S.A., North America, Earf
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    8

    Post

    Liberty gets a bad rap because many known religious schools take their foundation from an ancient tradition that styles on reason while Liberty just spurs some words from bla bla land in the mind
    Aa

    Zing

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Smiths Station, AL
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    13

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMichaelDunn View Post
    Liberty gets a bad rap because many known religious schools take their foundation from an ancient tradition that styles on reason while Liberty just spurs some words from bla bla land in the mind
    I'm not sure what you're referring to with "bla bla land" but I can assure you that when I studied doctoral level philosophy of education a couple of years ago I was pleasantly surprised that ancient Greek and Chinese philosophers (among others) were brought into the mix, and they definitely don't mix with a historic background that would include philosophy from a Christian perspective :-).
    Rusty Courson
    Smiths Station, Alabama

    "The sun never sets on Troy State" - Ralph Adams

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Two Egg, Fl
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMichaelDunn View Post
    Liberty gets a bad rap because many known religious schools take their foundation from an ancient tradition that styles on reason while Liberty just spurs some words from bla bla land in the mind
    And what do you base this insightful perspective into Liberty's educational principals and foundation?
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Troy, AL
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual_Trojan View Post
    And what do you base this insightful perspective into Liberty's educational principals and foundation?
    bla bla land?
    "We are Trojans One and All."

    "We need you to work hard to make plans to attend – and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Two Egg, Fl
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFanatic View Post
    bla bla land?
    Seems about right. I've seen a ton of people bash Liberty's academics without giving any real reason other than disagreeing with their viewpoint.
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Alexander City, Alabama
    Posts
    1,703
    Rep Power
    17

    Lightbulb Washington DC

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMichaelDunn View Post
    Liberty gets a bad rap because many known religious schools take their foundation from an ancient tradition that styles on reason while Liberty just spurs some words from bla bla land in the mind
    Isn't "bla bal land" in Washington DC??
    Nonetheless, there came a point in time I lost my ability to be an Alabama fan.That was in August of 2001 - the year my school TroyStateUniversity, became a Division I-A football program and direct rival to Alabama and Auburn. At that point, I chose to draw a permanent line.
    Judson C. Edwards
    Go Trojans!!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Spring, Texas
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We Liberty folks are wearing down the Sun Belt with our availability.

    I'd love nothing more than to see our Flames playing in Veterans Memorial Stadium as well Lafayette, San Marcos and points in between. Actually wanting to be in your conference should count for something. Shouldn't it?
    www.FlameFans.com - Liberty Message Board

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenville, AL
    Posts
    7,020
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    We Liberty folks are wearing down the Sun Belt with our availability.

    I'd love nothing more than to see our Flames playing in Veterans Memorial Stadium as well Lafayette, San Marcos and points in between. Actually wanting to be in your conference should count for something. Shouldn't it?
    we should go ahead and get to 12 now...if we have room for anyone later then that's fine. i have no problem with adding LU. But, it ain't my call...

    “I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milton, Florida
    Posts
    1,772
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SOTS 86-89 View Post
    Exactly. I concur 100 percent.
    Yep, last time I checked Notre Dame, BYU, and Baylor were religiously founded institutions. They've done pretty darn good and hearing bad language, etc. or being from a university who's founder(s) based that institution in their particular religious leanings hasn't seemed to deminish their ability to compete with all us good old boys in the real DI catagory!
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •