Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next for the BELT: JMU out - Liberty in

Quote Originally Posted by ThePowerMan View Post
    Many people think because it is a Bible College that they will not have the tools to compete. I disagree. I think Liberty would be a good (not great) choice should that time come. I believe they have enough fan following that they would grow just like we did.

I think many are concerned they might slip a f bomb and someone will be listening......or they would be scared for the reaction they might receive. While I did not always like Dr Falwell's delivery or "all" his beliefs, I did like the fact that he never backed down from his core beliefs.

But this is an university. Not a one man show anymore.
    Exactly. I concur 100 percent.
    Rusty Courson
    Smiths Station, Alabama

"The sun never sets on Troy State" - Ralph Adams

Liberty gets a bad rap because many known religious schools take their foundation from an ancient tradition that styles on reason while Liberty just spurs some words from bla bla land in the mind
    Aa

Zing

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMichaelDunn View Post
    Liberty gets a bad rap because many known religious schools take their foundation from an ancient tradition that styles on reason while Liberty just spurs some words from bla bla land in the mind
    I'm not sure what you're referring to with "bla bla land" but I can assure you that when I studied doctoral level philosophy of education a couple of years ago I was pleasantly surprised that ancient Greek and Chinese philosophers (among others) were brought into the mix, and they definitely don't mix with a historic background that would include philosophy from a Christian perspective :-).
    Rusty Courson
    Smiths Station, Alabama

"The sun never sets on Troy State" - Ralph Adams

And what do you base this insightful perspective into Liberty's educational principals and foundation?
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual_Trojan View Post
    And what do you base this insightful perspective into Liberty's educational principals and foundation?
    bla bla land?
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend – and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFanatic View Post
    bla bla land?
    Seems about right. I've seen a ton of people bash Liberty's academics without giving any real reason other than disagreeing with their viewpoint.
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

Lightbulb Washington DC

Isn't "bla bal land" in Washington DC??
    Nonetheless, there came a point in time I lost my ability to be an Alabama fan.That was in August of 2001 - the year my school TroyStateUniversity, became a Division I-A football program and direct rival to Alabama and Auburn. At that point, I chose to draw a permanent line.
    Judson C. Edwards
    Go Trojans!!

We Liberty folks are wearing down the Sun Belt with our availability.

I'd love nothing more than to see our Flames playing in Veterans Memorial Stadium as well Lafayette, San Marcos and points in between. Actually wanting to be in your conference should count for something. Shouldn't it?
    www.FlameFans.com - Liberty Message Board

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    We Liberty folks are wearing down the Sun Belt with our availability.

I'd love nothing more than to see our Flames playing in Veterans Memorial Stadium as well Lafayette, San Marcos and points in between. Actually wanting to be in your conference should count for something. Shouldn't it?
    we should go ahead and get to 12 now...if we have room for anyone later then that's fine. i have no problem with adding LU. But, it ain't my call...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by SOTS 86-89 View Post
    Exactly. I concur 100 percent.
    Yep, last time I checked Notre Dame, BYU, and Baylor were religiously founded institutions. They've done pretty darn good and hearing bad language, etc. or being from a university who's founder(s) based that institution in their particular religious leanings hasn't seemed to deminish their ability to compete with all us good old boys in the real DI catagory!
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

Thread Information