Thread: Sun Belt Commish says WKU bailing is no surprise

Default Sun Belt Commish says WKU bailing is no surprise

Sun Belt commish Karl Benson: WKU's exit 'not a surprise'

By Chip Patterson | College Football WriterApril 1, 2013 1:46 pm ET

Western Kentucky's move from the Sun Belt to Conference USA was made official on Monday; another domino to fall in the latest wave of conference realignment.

Conference USA likely added the Hilltoppers to replace Tusla. The Golden Hurricanes are expected to fill a void in the soon-to-be-renamed Big East -- according to CBSSports.com's Jeremy Fowler, it's not a matter of if, but when. The move fills one conference's need for balanced membership, but it creates another void for the Sun Belt.

Sun Belt commissioner Karl Benson issued a statement on Monday after Western Kentucky's announcement, confirming that the move is "not a surprise" and there are universities that "have a strong desire to be members of the Sun Belt Conference..."

Complete story: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...not-a-surprise
    Doug

Why would it be a surprise? Anyone will get out of the Sunbelt when given the chance, I don't care if it's Troy, WKU, ASU, USA or James Madison
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

I personally don't see the appeal of the New C-USA. I think the Sunbelt has gotten a bad rap, especially considering that the New USA looks a lot like the old Sunbelt. That's okay, if they (C-USA) want to burn out their budgets on traveling costs, let them.
    MARCH ON!

Thread Information