Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOTS Away Games For 2013

Default SOTS Away Games For 2013

Does anyone know if the SOTS will make the trip to ATL for the GSU game? My daughter will be in her first year of the SOTS and if they are going to ATL I want to make that game.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

They won't release the schedule until band camp in August.
    “You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.” -Larry Blakeney

Budgetary meetings usually take place towards the end of April for that.

Quote Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
    Does anyone know if the SOTS will make the trip to ATL for the GSU game? My daughter will be in her first year of the SOTS and if they are going to ATL I want to make that game.
    From my experience last year, we will probably take the full band to that game. Don't take my word for it, but we usually take the full band to games that are within 2-4 hours from Troy. (USA and UAB were one-day away trips last year.)

Here's to the school we love... GO TROY!

Quote Originally Posted by SOTStrumpet View Post
    From my experience last year, we will probably take the full band to that game. Don't take my word for it, but we usually take the full band to games that are within 2-4 hours from Troy. (USA and UAB were one-day away trips last year.)
    The UGA and GT games several years ago was also a day trip so if the money is there then they should be going.
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

I would anticipate them to always send the band to USA, UAB, Georgia State, and I certainly hope Georgia Southern. There is no reason the full band should not be at those games anytime our Trojans travel to those places to play. Of course the big question is always money. Hopefully the university is making it a priority to get the full band to those locations. There's no reason they shouldn't make all those trips.

Thought I saw somewhere that we are Georgia State's homecoming game. If that is the case, I don't think the SOTS gets on the field.
    But I hope they come to the Dome anyway.
    Go Troy!

Quote Originally Posted by tntrojan View Post
    Thought I saw somewhere that we are Georgia State's homecoming game. If that is the case, I don't think the SOTS gets on the field.
    But I hope they come to the Dome anyway.
    Go Troy!
    We were UGA's homecoming game that yea and didn't get on the field, but the directors made sure the full band was there.
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

I tend to believe if we can make day trips out of them, we'll go to more of them. I think SOTS could go to Miss. State, Ole Miss, GSU, and maybe Duke, not sure
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend – and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

Duke is not a day trip.....

GA. State most likely and one trip to Mississppi - but two is not likely especially since the band has to buy tickets to SEC games and they tend to run $30 per ticket x 425 seats. Stranger things have happened like a kind and genorous donation that sent us to Nebraska when that wasn't even going to be a possibility.

Thread Information