Thread: Smaller conferences crafting plan to share playoff revenue

Default Smaller conferences crafting plan to share playoff revenue

Smaller conferences crafting plan to share playoff revenue

By Jeremy Fowler | College Football Insider
    January 22, 2013

The “group of five” conferences are working to finalize a three-tier playoff revenue distribution system that rewards the conference with the best team and the conference with the best overall performance, CBSSports.com has learned.

In this proposed system, more than half the group's roughly $86-million playoff pot would be distributed among the Big East, Mountain West, Mid-American Conference, Conference USA and Sun Belt as guaranteed base shares, according to a source with direct knowledge of the discussions. The source expects those shares to be evenly split, but added discussions are ongoing...

Complete story: http://www.cbssports.com/general/blo...evenue-sharing
    Doug

So what's the end result of this? Possibly more parity with these other conferences? I read the entire article but perhaps I'm not familiar enough with the mechanics of the playoff system but I didn't complete grasp what this mean for the Sun Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho Johnny View Post
    So what's the end result of this? Possibly more parity with these other conferences? I read the entire article but perhaps I'm not familiar enough with the mechanics of the playoff system but I didn't complete grasp what this mean for the Sun Belt.
    To be quite honest, I am not sure. I was hoping that someone on the board would have more insight. All I could garner from the article is that the "little guys" were still getting a little piece of pie and were trying to determine how to slice it up among them.
    Doug

86 out of 500, I think. That's a very little piece of pie to share with a LOT of schools...
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend – and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

Thread Information