Thread: Trojans Gear Shifter

Hybrid View

Default Trojans Gear Shifter

Saw an ad on Craigslist and there's a guy making custom gear shift knobs for those of us that drive a stick shift. He had some Alabama and Auburn ones, and a few others like initials, etc on his ad. It also said he could make them custom if you had a design. I sent him a pic of a sticker I had, and he made this for me. Sorry for the crappy pic. I'll get a much better one once it ships and gets to me. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can put you in touch with him. He has several other color options as well. I couldn't decide on red, black, or gray, and finally went with the gray.

Unofficial Sunshine Pumper

Pretty cool! Not officially licensed I'd imagine? He should look into it. Looks like a clever product. If both my cars weren't automatics I might get one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho Johnny View Post
    Pretty cool! Not officially licensed I'd imagine? He should look into it. Looks like a clever product. If both my cars weren't automatics I might get one!

No, not licensed. He had some First Responder, FD, and even a pink one with the ribbon on it in the ad. He has some sort of laser engraver and a way to plot out the patterns. He sent me a 3-D looking mock-up based on the picture I sent him. He's just getting into it, and told me that he hopes to have a website up and running soon so he wouldn't just rely on craigslist.

They're all anodized aluminum, and he said measure just under 2 inches in diameter. I was thinking of having one made out of a pool ball (2.25 inch diameter, a little large for what I wanted) from a guy on another forum, but I never could find Troy pool balls.

This turned out really awesome.

And to give a better idea about the size.

Mounted up.

Thread Information