Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dixie

Default Dixie

I'm new to the Troy community and just found out that Troy's fight song used to be Dixie. Why doesn't the SOTS play it now? At least as a stand tune.

SOTS Plays it as a part of pregame, but it was changed to be politically correct.
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend – and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFanatic View Post
    SOTS Plays it as a part of pregame, but it was changed to be politically correct.
    I hope I live to see the day this politically correct crap is put to rest. We are Americans.....just Americans, one word!
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

They play a few bars of it every pre-game... why do we need more?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug4Troy View Post
    They play a few bars of it every pre-game... why do we need more?
    Because if we have to explain you wouldn't understand!
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

The opening line from Dixie is the major theme of the "Trojan Fanfare". It is a very good and effective way to get that part of the University's history in what is one of the largest pregame ceromonies around. Dr. Long did a wonderful job writing the "Fanfare".
    S Burgess
    "See ball, hit ball" Kanorris Davis '10

Quote Originally Posted by redwaver View Post
    Because if we have to explain you wouldn't understand!
    Then I am grateful for my ignorance!
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug4Troy View Post
    Then I am grateful for my ignorance!
    I will join you in your bliss of ignorance when they decide Gang Rap is disrespectful and band it as well. I've often wondered how you band just the parts of history that some dislike and where you go to do that. Just sayin!

Quote Originally Posted by redwaver View Post
    I will join you in your bliss of ignorance when they decide Gang Rap is disrespectful and band it as well. I've often wondered how you band just the parts of history that some dislike and where you go to do that. Just sayin!
    I think you may be very blissful already. I just don't get much pleasure from hearing dixie, that's all... no political statement in there at all. But you go ahead and listen to what you want, and I will do the same. Just don't fret if the SOTS doesn't play the gameday music you yearn for from "back in the day."

By the way, I was born in the South, grew up in the South, and spent all but about 5 of my 42 years in the South... I understand the South just fine.

Also, google the word "banned" and compare it with the definition of "band." Just sayin!

Go Trojans and SOTS!
    Last edited by Doug4Troy; 12-24-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Doug

I don't see a problem with Dixie, but I'm much younger so I didn't go through the "ban" but I know it affected my high school. I don't mind hearing or playing it, was in the band, and I don't really understand why it's such a big deal...I guess when I go to school and hear certain words that people call themselves, but won't let others call them, I quit caring what's PC and what's not.
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend – and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

Thread Information