Thread: Benson explored membership options for league

Default Benson explored membership options for league

Lightbulb Thanks for sharing

Good article. Thanks for sharing.
    Nonetheless, there came a point in time I lost my ability to be an Alabama fan.That was in August of 2001 - the year my school TroyStateUniversity, became a Division I-A football program and direct rival to Alabama and Auburn. At that point, I chose to draw a permanent line.
    Judson C. Edwards
    Go Trojans!!

I'm very impressed with Benson so far. A 33 team super conference? That'd be so cool! A logistic nightmare, but it'd be interesting. I like that he's being aggressive, and I think it'll benefit us in the long run.
    "We are Trojans One and All."

"We need you to work hard to make plans to attend – and when you come remember: Be Early, Be Proud, Be Loud and Be a Trojan!"--John Hartwell, 7-9-13

What this tells me is, at Troy, we better get our collective $h!t together, because this conference is going to get real competitve real fast. We could find ourselves hovering around the middle of the pack in two years with no real prospect of going higher.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Sunbelt is about to surge into a neck and neck race with CUSA, and it will push for second best mid-major, behind MWC, real soon. What that means is that with higher a profile conference, there will be bigger bowls slots, bigger TV contracts and more access to the general public.

If Troy is to optimize this benefit that is destined to come to this conference, Troy needs to be leading the way rather than hoping to get the last bowl spot available for the conference each year. We need to be vying for the top bowl option each year. We need to get back on top in the highest profile component of every University in the country, and the one by which most of the general public assesses a school. Football!
    Founding Trojan Warrior
    Trojan Warrior Council Member
    Founding Shield Society Member
    Lifetime Alumni Member
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Memeber
    Pensacola Alumni Chapter Member

lemonli Guest

Thumbs up

I'm very impressed with Benson so far. A 33 team super conference? That'd be so cool! A logistic nightmare, but it'd be interesting. I like that he's being aggressive, and I think it'll benefit us in the long run.

Yes, there is the power of the fight, the game more for human blood boiling, I like power, so agree with your point of view

Nice article. I love the statement, "“But we have definitely shot down (more expansion), and we have informed everyone out there that we are not in expansion mode. But I am very satisfied with where we are, very comfortable.”

Couple that with the emphasis on a TIGHT southeastern footprint and the mention of ASU and GSU on the LONG potential list of future members and two things are evident - The new commissioner reads GTT and he LIKES our input enough to consider it worthy of consideration

I think he is slowing drawing those schools to us instead of us looking like WE need them. I agree with the post above, Troy we need to get serious or we will be riding in the Sun Belt equipment truck instead of on the team bus with the top tier teams in the conference!

As always, GO TROJANS!
    Mr.E_205_Legion
    Trojan by choice and not by school

my picks - La Tech, Southern Miss, SMU, Houston, East Carolina, Georgia Southern

Looks like a super conference is imminent.

I can't get the article to pull up.
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Exclamation It's history...

Quote Originally Posted by JPSousa1898 View Post
    I can't get the article to pull up.
    Just like this thread!!!!
    "Yo Ho, HO!!! GO Ye Trojans, one and all!"

Thread Information