Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville State to Sun Belt?

Default Jacksonville State to Sun Belt?

Any thoughts? Ready set go.....

Bring em and whup em!
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Uh......... No.
    You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan. -Larry Blakeney

Why do we always bring this topic up? No no and oh hell no. The old rivalry is dead and we need to accept that. Lets focus on winning our conference and knocking off some AQ schools.

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanWarrior418 View Post
    Why do we always bring this topic up? No no and oh hell no. The old rivalry is dead and we need to accept that. Lets focus on winning our conference and knocking off some AQ schools.
    Me personally. I'm just curious about the future of the Sun Belt. Move have to be made especially if we get raided again. I don't think the raiding is over. If we loose schools we must find replacements. I'm just throwing out different schools to get Trojan Nation's opinion.

if you posted this over on SunBeltbbs.com you would get laughed off the website.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Alrighty then. So Jack State is off the table

Frankly, I'd love to see Jax St. become a rival again, but I'm not going to advocate their move up to FBS or to the Sunbelt, because they are not the best answer for the Sunbelt right now.

Ga. Southern and App St. are the two best FCS options for the Sunbelt, IF, and only IF that's the approach the Sunbelt takes, IF they decide to expand further.

Right now, we maintain 10 schools with the addition of Tx. St. and Ga. St. If it's the decision to go to 12 schools, AND it's the decision to add FCS to do it, then Ga. Southern and App St. would be my choices.

It would be preferable to get existing FBS teams, but with CUSA and Big East fishing for existing teams, it's unlikely there will be any available, except the remaining WAC fallouts (NMSU & Idaho).

I think the Sunbelt is in a hold position waiting to see if any other teams do get grabbed, and will only add right now, if other teams get poached.
    Founding Trojan Warrior
    Trojan Warrior Council Member
    Founding Shield Society Member
    Lifetime Alumni Member
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Memeber
    Pensacola Alumni Chapter Member

Jax State is currently right where they belong. Let them stay in FCS, we don't need them in the Sun Belt or in FBS. If they want to renew the rivalry they are welcome to come to Troy and play us, but we aren't going to return the trip...we're better than that.

I'd love to play the Gamecocks Inside the Walls, I think the attendance would be good and we could use an easy win each season. I'm all for that.
    Last edited by Burn the Horse; 05-14-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Lightbulb Senate to consider 3 new JSU trustees

This could prove interesting concerning JSU's FBS future.

Marsh said hed like to see Jacksonville State focus on moving in a new direction.

I really would like concentration on the academic side. I think in the past there has been a lot of emphasis on the athletic side, Marsh said.

http://www.annistonstar.com/view/ful...ance=home_news]

Nonetheless, there came a point in time I lost my ability to be an Alabama fan.That was in August of 2001 - the year my school TroyStateUniversity, became a Division I-A football program and direct rival to Alabama and Auburn. At that point, I chose to draw a permanent line.
    Judson C. Edwards
    Go Trojans!!

Thread Information