Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If anyone is Interested

Default If anyone is Interested

I don't know where else to put this on the message board so I'm going to put it here (I hope nobody cares that its on the football page). I have in the past read where people are looking for things like watches, shirts, etc...

I for one do not like the quality of the Sundance (or whatever brand it is) Troy watches offered at the bookstore. I've been in the market for a new watch that is similar to Troy colors, etc... I found this Swiss Army Convoy watch in a local store for 450 bucks. I did some research online and found out that it was last years Swiss Army color and that its no longer being made in this Cardinal color. Anywho, some places (like the link I have below) are doing closeouts on this watch with over 200 bucks knocked off ($219 instead of $450). A few people at my work today have asked about the cool new Troy watch I have (they all know how much I like Troy) and assumed it was a Troy watch. I know its still a little pricy for a watch but it's really good quality, I really like it, I think its a great deal and is has as close to Troy colors as it gets. If I offend anyone for putting it here on the message board or offend anyone for "marketing" something I will remove the post. I just hope one or two people that read this will appreciate it. That's all, just a heads up, take a second and check it out if you want.

http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/241159.asp

Default Watch

That is a nice looking watch, however I don't wear one.
    ~ ♫ ♪ SOUND OF THE SOUTH ♫ ♪ ~ BLOW BREE BLOW

I've asked for this for my birthday. Hope I get it, that's a beautiful watch.

edit: woohoo! wife just ordered it for me as a combined father's day/ birthday present. i am a lucky man to have such an amazing wife.
    Last edited by Burn the Horse; 04-15-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Burn the Horse. It has worked out really good for me, I hope you like it as much as I do. It's the closet match to Troy colors that I could find in a quality, good looking watch.

it says it comes with a "black rubber" band. is the buckle metal or plastic? I'm allergic to the metal nickle, so I hope it isn't made of that.
    Last edited by Burn the Horse; 04-16-2012 at 04:43 PM.

I pretty sure it's stainless, the same material the actual watch is made from. You should be fine. It's a great watch

I just got mine in the mail, it's beautiful! I'm having a little trouble figuring all the extra stuff on it out though.

If you're wearing it on your left hand you will notice the normal second hand is standing still. This is because its actually used as a stop watch. The top left button located by the number 1 starts and stops the stopwatch. The middle dial obviously adjusts the date and time. the lower right button located by the date box resets the stopwatch.

The large silver dial counts the minutes once the stop watch is started. The dial on the right counts the tenth of a second once the stop watch is stopped. And obviously the lower dial is the constant second hand.

It's a really cool watch and fun to mess with once you get it figured out. Hopefully this helps and I'm happy you like it.
    Last edited by stonewall009; 04-18-2012 at 04:15 PM.

thanks. now the only problem I seem to have is the two dials, the silver minute one and the 1/10 second one, begin at the 2 o'clock angle. Also, when I click the stop watch function to start the 1/10 second dial doesn't go all the way around, it usually stops at the second number it comes to.

I LOVE this watch btw. absolutely beautiful and a PERFECT match to our Cardinal.
    Last edited by Burn the Horse; 04-18-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Here is the Swiss Army timepiece facebook page for North America:http://www.facebook.com/victorinoxswissarmy

Thread Information