Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting update--12/21/2011

Default Recruiting update--12/21/2011

http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/...her-stuff.html
    Recruiting update: Today (Wednesday) begins the midyear signing period. Troy can add players until the last day to enroll in the spring semester. The list should be a lengthy one.

I believe these guys are set to sign, but will have to double check and see if they actually do:

**LB Wayland Coleman-Dancer from Mississippi Delta Community College committed on Tuesday and said he is signing today.
    **DE Brandon Timmons from Northwest Mississippi Community College told me when he committed that he would be a January enrollee.
    **DB Shaquille Beverly from First Coast High School in Jacksonville will enroll early. Not sure if that means he signs a LOI during this period or not.

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

dothaneagletroy Drew Champlin
    Blog post on Will Scott, a second-team NJCAA All-American punter - dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2011/12/punter…

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Default Punter Will Scott to sign with Troy

Punter Will Scott to sign with Troy

By: Drew Champlin | Dothan Eagle
    Published: December 21, 2011

Punter Will Scott from Gulf Coast (Miss.) Community College will sign with Troy during the midyear signing period and enroll in January.

Scott, originally from Lucedale, Miss., has impressive credentials. He was a second-team All-American at junior college this year and averaged 43.3 yards per punt. He will challenge for the starting job vacated by graduating senior Will Goggans, a four-year starter.

Default Four more at Northeast C.C. to sign

Four more at Northeast C.C. to sign

By Jamie Newberg
    Two other defensive linemen will sign Wednesday in 6-4, 245-pound end Pat Moore and 6-3, and 320-pound tackle Anthony Payne.

“Moore is a physical, strong and intelligent player,” Smither said. “He’s going sign with South Alabama. Payne will sign with Murray State. I thought Ole Miss might take him. This is an athletic big man. He’s a Warren Sapp-type who can play the run.”

One player Smither loves in middle linebacker Eli Cantor(sp Canton). He believes Troy is getting a steal.

“Eli is going to sign with Troy,” Smither said. “He’s strong, fast and intelligent. He got through here in one year and became a qualifier. This is a Brian Urlacher-type of player. A lot of teams will be regretting not taking him.”
    Last edited by trojanbrutha; 12-22-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: highlighted correct spelling of last name

Why are we not hearing about the two players we lost this year to academics? Thought they were suppose to return to Troy and be a BIG help. Some seemed to blame their leaving for our offensive woes so coming back should solve some of those problems. Any word?
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

http://jcfootball.scout.com/2/1129678.html
    Canton, a 6-2 240-pound linebacker, helped lead one of the most tenacious defenses in the state. The freshman finished the year with 50 tackles and helped spearhead an effort early in the year that saw the Tigerdefense not surrender a touchdown in over 193 minutes. Canton also led the Tigers in tackles for loss with 11 on the year.

After giving up a touchdown with 11:29 left in the season opener against East Central, the Northeast defense went until the fifth game of the season before surrendering another touchdown.
    Last edited by trojanbrutha; 12-22-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: highlighted last name

Quote Originally Posted by redwaver View Post
    Why are we not hearing about the two players we lost this year to academics? Thought they were suppose to return to Troy and be a BIG help. Some seemed to blame their leaving for our offensive woes so coming back should solve some of those problems. Any word?

Drew's blog:

And then you get the two receivers who missed the year because of grades.
    ***Jamel Johnson - played at Holmes CC as a sophomore, even tweeted that Auburn called him but he was firm to Troy. Will be back for spring and will be a junior in the fall.
    ***Chip Reeves - Was ineligible this year and will be a fifth-year senior in the fall if he holds up his end of the bargain. Unsure if he'll participate in spring ball but he knows the offense and speed doesn't usually slump if you keep working at it. And he's got speed.

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    Four more at Northeast C.C. to sign

By Jamie Newberg
    Two other defensive linemen will sign Wednesday in 6-4, 245-pound end Pat Moore and 6-3, and 320-pound tackle Anthony Payne.

“Moore is a physical, strong and intelligent player,” Smither said. “He’s going sign with South Alabama. Payne will sign with Murray State. I thought Ole Miss might take him. This is an athletic big man. He’s a Warren Sapp-type who can play the run.”

One player Smither loves in middle linebacker Eli Cantor(sp Canton). He believes Troy is getting a steal.

“Eli is going to sign with Troy,” Smither said. “He’s strong, fast and intelligent. He got through here in one year and became a qualifier. This is a Brian Urlacher-type of player. A lot of teams will be regretting not taking him.”
    It sounds like Smither's says Eli Cantor has decided to commit to Troy yet no mention of him from Drew or anyone that I know of. Strange that he would say that prior to an official announcement. What's up? Did I miss it? Don't see him on the latest list from drew.
    Last edited by redwaver; 12-22-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by redwaver View Post
    It sounds like Smither's says Eli Cantor has decided to commit to Troy yet no mention of him from Drew or anyone that I know of. Strange that he would say that prior to an official announcement. What's up? Did I miss it? Don't see him on the latest list from drew.
    Drew mentioned in one of his blog post that he was heading out of town for the holiday and wouldnt be updating very much the next few days.

Everyone needs a break every now and then!

I am excited about this kid coming in. Sounds like he could be a good one!
    "I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody," said Betterson, Louissaint's roommate.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaciousT View Post
    Drew mentioned in one of his blog post that he was heading out of town for the holiday and wouldnt be updating very much the next few days.

Everyone needs a break every now and then!

I am excited about this kid coming in. Sounds like he could be a good one!
    Not a problem. Sounded like it was a deal already done. He does sound good and smart.

Thread Information