Thread: Not to state the obvious, but it's time for UAB to drop football

Default Not to state the obvious, but it's time for UAB to drop football

You just fired your coach. No coach probably even wants his name on your wish list and will likely call and request that it be removed. You just got your plan for an on-campus stadium squashed like a bug. You will be playing the rest of your days in the ghetto in a long-forgotten, collapsing stadium. You will forever be under the boot of the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. No one goes to your games. No one in the 1 million+ Birmingham metropolitan area cares or perhaps even knows UAB is playing football in town. Your conference has steadily been hemorrhaging members to other conferences and is losing massive ground to the Sun Belt.

Now is the best time to go ahead and end this charade. You can slip off quietly into the sunset with your head held high..., well... ok, you can slip off into the sunset with your head held about 16 degrees below horizontal. If you wait, things may not be so simple in the future for an easy transition to retirement of the program (ugh, describing it as a "program" doesn't sound right to me). C'mon, do the right thing, Puff. It was fun... well, maybe not fun while it lasted, but it was a cute little experiment, like Vince McMahon's Xtreme Football League or underoos or New Coke or Mariah Carey's acting career, and perhaps someone will take pity and afford you a small footnote in history somewhere between Millard Fillmore's presidency and the Jamaican bobsled dynasty. There's no shame in that. Take the chance while you can - carpe diem, UAB, seize the day!!!

Hold on just one sec, the Jamaican bobsled team was way better than UAB will ever be. Come on man that's just an insult to Jamaica, to be placed in the same status as UAB football. Maybe UAB can be at the My Little Pony status area, but then again My Little Pony is more popular. Hmmm this is tough cuz UAB is kind of at the bottom of the list. We need help ppl what would you compare UAB football to??
    "0100011101001111 #FF0000 57415645!!!!"

"I want me some Glory Hole" -Jerry Jones

Bubonic Plague?
    MARCH ON, TROJANS and WHO DAT?!,

The Awesome Possum

Go Troy or Go HOME!

"Jesus turned water into wine, I turn it into Liquor." - "Popcorn" Sutton

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono124 View Post
    Hold on just one sec, the Jamaican bobsled team was way better than UAB will ever be. Come on man that's just an insult to Jamaica, to be placed in the same status as UAB football. Maybe UAB can be at the My Little Pony status area, but then again My Little Pony is more popular. Hmmm this is tough cuz UAB is kind of at the bottom of the list. We need help ppl what would you compare UAB football to??
    Hey now that's an insult to My Little Pony...at least they could SELL and more than 19 people knew what it is.

Thread Information