Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We narrowly dodged the ESPN Bottom 10

Default We narrowly dodged the ESPN Bottom 10

All 10 teams have completed their schedules (except New Mexico which will lose 99-0 to Boise), so their spots are cemented for this offseason. So we are safe. Thank goodness we pulled it together enough to beat FAU. But check out #10, hehe:

10. UAB 3-9 "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem": After beating his head against the wall at UAB for five seasons, former Blazers coach Neil Callaway might be sitting on a beach somewhere after he was fired Sunday. "No shoes. No shirt. No problem. Blues, what blues? Hey, I forgot 'em."

I think UAB should have placed much higher in the order considering they are the only team pathetic enough to lose to FAU.

oh good, I'd hate to have something in common with UAB.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

and I'm sure Calloway is much more happy to be out as HC at UAB than UAB is to have him out. I pitty anyone dumb enough to accept that job, it's nothing but a resume destroyer.

Phew.
    “You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.” -Larry Blakeney

Quote Originally Posted by Burn the Horse View Post
    and I'm sure Calloway is much more happy to be out as HC at UAB than UAB is to have him out. I pitty anyone dumb enough to accept that job, it's nothing but a resume destroyer.
    Just makes you wonder how much longer UAB is going to try to keep this charade going. What is the motivation? There's no way that mess of a football program is profitable or even close to breaking even. It has to be a huge drain and with no success to show for it, and no hope for it in the future, why continue? The failure to get a new on-campus stadium pretty much doomed Puff the Magic Dragon. Why does UAB insist on dying a slow death along with that condemned stadium to which they are now forever relegated? Perhaps BlazerTool can provide an insider perspective. BlazerTool, we know you are lurking.

What are the chances they get a good coach and turn things around?
    “You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.” -Larry Blakeney

Quote Originally Posted by troy4ever21 View Post
    What are the chances they get a good coach and turn things around?
    Who are they going to hire? Who would want that job with no certainty of the continuation of a football program at all? It's a graveyard. It would have to be someone that's desperate for a job or stupid. Maybe a Joe Paterno assistant who wants to avoid greeting Walmart shoppers at all costs. Maybe one of these sad saps that just got fired from other schools like Bob Toledo or the dude from Akron. Maybe Spencer McCracken? Where is he these days? He always wanted to be a college head coach. I guess Tony Franklin might consider it just so he can be the head guy for a change. Maybe Terry Bowden. It doesn't really matter. That program is not going anywhere anytime soon. Despite whatever we are going through right now, at least Troy has a future. But I'm sure all those doctors will pool their money and lure someone in just by the paycheck alone. There's always some good former coach out there somewhere stocking grocery shelves and needing some quick cash.
    Last edited by Cliptdopt Dognabby; 11-30-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliptdopt Dognabby View Post
    Just makes you wonder how much longer UAB is going to try to keep this charade going. What is the motivation? There's no way that mess of a football program is profitable or even close to breaking even. It has to be a huge drain and with no success to show for it, and no hope for it in the future, why continue? The failure to get a new on-campus stadium pretty much doomed Puff the Magic Dragon. Why does UAB insist on dying a slow death along with that condemned stadium to which they are now forever relegated? Perhaps BlazerTool can provide an insider perspective. BlazerTool, we know you are lurking.
    Pride...not just a Biblical sin, apparently it wastes money too.
    Last edited by Burn the Horse; 11-30-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Just saying.....maybe we should suggest JR as the next HC at UAB.....lol
    onlytrojans

Quote Originally Posted by onlytrojans View Post
    Just saying.....maybe we should suggest JR as the next HC at UAB.....lol
    talk about a "trojan horse."

Thread Information