Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Myth Called CDOA

Default The Myth Called CDOA

Mr. Ho just check...SunBelt 5-2 versus CDOA this year...2 lose game versus Houston and Tulsa - thanks ND40!!!!

Why we want go anywhere? With lose of SMU, FAU-Orlando, Memphis and probably East Carolina...CDOA sliding way past SunBelt.
    Last edited by Mr. Ho; 11-26-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

yeah Conference USA is hardly a step up. their best teams are being poached by AQ leagues. if we were to move to that league we would be stuck with a lateral move with a much heavier travel expense.

I'd rather bring Southern Miss in to the Belt along with La Tech, bringing us to 12 and be done with it. THAT is the ideal scenario.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Southern Miss is a YES... but, I'd rather add a Georgia team, Georgia Southern or Georgia State...
    MARCH ON, TROJANS and WHO DAT?!,

The Awesome Possum

Go Troy or Go HOME!

"Jesus turned water into wine, I turn it into Liquor." - "Popcorn" Sutton

Quote Originally Posted by Burn the Horse View Post
    yeah Conference USA is hardly a step up. their best teams are being poached by AQ leagues. if we were to move to that league we would be stuck with a lateral move with a much heavier travel expense.

I'd rather bring Southern Miss in to the Belt along with La Tech, bringing us to 12 and be done with it. THAT is the ideal scenario.
    Mr. Ho talk like this for last decade...and get rid of *******'s UCF-Boca, so we not have to hear from him.
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    Southern Miss is a YES... but, I'd rather add a Georgia team, Georgia Southern or Georgia State...
    no FCS move-ups...unless its App State. the Mountaineers are the ONLY Division 1-AA program worthy of Sun Belt membership. they bring name recognition, respect, and tradition to our league. the rest of the FCS division would simply diminish our reputation among the casual fans.

no FCS move-ups...unless its App State. the Mountaineers are the ONLY Division 1-AA program worthy of Sun Belt membership. they bring name recognition, respect, and tradition to our league. the rest of the FCS division would simply diminish our reputation among the casual fans.
    Travel would be problematic...Boone, NC not too easy get in and out...and it about 20 hour drive from Atlanta.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ho View Post
    Travel would be problematic...Boone, NC not too easy get in and out...and it about 20 hour drive from Atlanta.
    hell Troy isn't the metropolis of travel either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ho View Post
    20 Hour Drive? Ho Can you pass along what you are smoking? And unless it is snowing Boone is not that hard to get in and out of to my knowledge.
    BDM88
    Go Trojans!!!

As We March Into Battle Our Swords Are High!

Who's Next? Any Takers?

2014 The Year Of The Last Ride Of A Legend?

USM to the Sun Belt. That is some funny stuff there. Hate to bust you guy's bubble, but the CUSA/MWC alliance/merger is going to be a huge success and the teams leaving will not be a big loss. By the way, what happened to your football program?
    Last edited by EagleRock; 11-27-2011 at 02:09 AM.

I really like the Sun Belt conference. Every year we keep getting better and better. We have been ranked above both the MAC and WAC all season long.

The days of us being the bottom feeder conference are long gone. However, we (TROY) need to pull our own weight. FIU won three OOC games this year and many of the other SBC teams won several OOC games. We beat UAB. Granted FIU played Akron, but they're beatable and count towards bow eligibility. Year after year we play big name teams for a lot of money, but we get destroyed in the process and our schedule suffers. Aren't we done being other teams chance at bowl eligibility? We need to start scheduling teams from the MAC, WAC, and low tier CUSA/ACC teams.
    Last edited by troy4ever21; 11-27-2011 at 02:47 AM.
    “You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.” -Larry Blakeney

Thread Information