Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do your students leave at the half?

Default Why do your students leave at the half?

If they don't care about your football team, why go at all? Would like some inside perspective from perhaps some Troy students on why this is? Are they forced to go for at least a half by someone?

Why do your students never show up in the first place?
    MARCH ON TROJANS!

Trojan Warrior
    Donor Club
    Atlanta Trojan on Sun Beltbbs

:
    Quote Originally Posted by newnan trojan View Post
    Why do your students never show up in the first place?
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

They leave cus theyre all searching for a new DC
    We coulda been a contender...

Now that wasn't very nice. But that was my point. Why half the apathy? Wouldn't it make more sense to not show up at all if you just don't care? Just looking for some insight on this from Troy people.

The better question is.....Why does UAB even have a football program for students to show up at?
    Troy Trojan athletics is like a really good movie. It brings out all your emotions

Just for the record, I ain't no UAB fan. I was just messing with y'all trying to get everyone fired up and on the same page against the enemy. If you read my posts, you can see that I actually make way more fun of UAB than Troy. I am really a long lost former gotroytrojans.com contributor under a new pseudonym to protect the guilty. Now, can someone answer my questions, preferably a student who has inside knowledge, but the theories of all are welcome? Why do the Troy students have 50% school spirit and %50 apathy? I believe "half-assed" is the term.

Default Now that you mention it

For several years not showing up at all.........then about 2-3 years ago showing up in better numbers and leaving......But last year they stuck around better.....look up old threads complimenting the students.....this year they leave so they get there party started early.......drinking is an age old game for students and this year drives us old guys to drink.....So I believe that if games are close and or we are blowing folks away and we are winning a whole lot of them would stick around more......But last year overall the students were pretty good at sticking around......I sort of remember a better year except for homecoming at home last year...........

Build it and they will come.....entertain the little suckers and they will stay...
    Students in this MTV muti-tech world of everything instantly....well attention spans are not just there for watching the ship sink.....they are not that into it yet......But if we had a chance for undefeated going on they would be there and be staying....just like a few more thousand of folks that sit in the stands...

And while we are at it......17K plus for homecoming must have been 11-12 K on the home side......and up top as I was standing and hollering......looked around several times and I bet nearly 2% were joining in with me....My wife said "why don't you jump over this rale behind us and do a cartwheel and toe touch for the crowd....they obviously are looking for something to get excited about".....Who knows I might just do that this coming weekend.....
    Squirrels Gods natural little speed bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane gone Trojan View Post
    The better question is.....Why does UAB even have a football program for students to show up at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear View Post
    So I believe that if games are close and or we are blowing folks away and we are winning a whole lot of them would stick around more......But last year overall the students were pretty good at sticking around......
    But all the home games have been close at the half. And that's when they pack up and leave. And this past Saturday it was hardly 2pm, so why can't they wait and go drink later? And it's not always when Alabama and/or Auburn are playing either and they still get up and leave while the Troy games are still very much in question. Who knows, our team may look up in the 3rd quarter and see how the students have quit, and maybe they quit, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliptdopt Dognabby View Post
    But all the home games have been close at the half. And that's when they pack up and leave. And this past Saturday it was hardly 2pm, so why can't they wait and go drink later? And it's not always when Alabama and/or Auburn are playing either and they still get up and leave while the Troy games are still very much in question. Who knows, our team may look up in the 3rd quarter and see how the students have quit, and maybe they quit, too.
    We are not winning......and though close we are not playing well.......and if you have ever been to a movie a couple of times then see it on TV you kind of think you know how it is going to turn out.......Not that it is exactly the same but this year kind of leads the impressionable to think it well......and outcome equaling belief feeds into that...........If we are ahead by 21 at half this coming week less will leave but still some will..........next year less will leave if we win more.....as in dominate belt again.
    Squirrels Gods natural little speed bumps.

Thread Information