Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Big East news

It's highly unlikely that Troy would jump ship (in the unlikely event that C-USA should come knocking) since Hawkins is leading the search for a new Sunbelt commish. The concern is what teams will C-USA try and snatch from the Sunbelt to replace those exiting the conference. If the Belt can stick together we maybe a more attractive conference in the long run.
    MARCH ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan_Thunder View Post
    It's highly unlikely that Troy would jump ship (in the unlikely event that C-USA should come knocking) since Hawkins is leading the search for a new Sunbelt commish. The concern is what teams will C-USA try and snatch from the Sunbelt to replace those exiting the conference. If the Belt can stick together we maybe a more attractive conference in the long run.
    Most likely. I like the thought process. Are there any current FBS teams the Sunbelt would expansion from existing conferences?

La Tech, Memphis, USM, Tulane come to mind as possibilities (long shots I know). All just food for thought and a different perspective to consider.
    Go Troy!! Go Troy Go!!!
    B.S. '91, Troy-Main Campus
    M.P.A. '99, Troy-Atlantic Region (D.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan_Thunder View Post
    Wouldn't surprised if it was FAU or FIU to maintain a presence in Florida
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

Default If today is the day.....

If SMU and Houston to Big East then UNT to CUSA along with a Florida team fo shur.....FIU and FAU......who knows but UNT is gone FO SHUR!!

Hate to say it but to replace the SMU, Houston and UCF they will pick those 3 but most of all UNT.......New Stadium, large metro area and large enrollment....so much for Sun Belt stability..........but hey we are already there
    Squirrels Gods natural little speed bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear View Post
    If SMU and Houston to Big East then UNT to CUSA along with a Florida team fo shur.....FIU and FAU......who knows but UNT is gone FO SHUR!!

Hate to say it but to replace the SMU, Houston and UCF they will pick those 3 but most of all UNT.......New Stadium, large metro area and large enrollment....so much for Sun Belt stability..........but hey we are already there
    CUSA / MWC is now in a 22 team agreement that is looking at losing 6 (TCU Big 12, AF, Boise, SMU, UCF, Houston to Big E) to become a 16 team group. The remaining 16 teams wanting a BCS Bid and can not afford to just take a LOSER for their market share. For the BCS reason their decision will be based on getting quality on the field.
    I may not know much, but atleast I know that I do not know much.

UNT, FAU, and FIU would go to C-USA with the possiblity of MTSU, Geaorgia State or ULL. If that happens then I could see WKU going to the MAC, which really makes sense to them. That would leave Troy, ULM, MTSU? ULL? and Ark. St. That would not work. We would be forced to add Jax. St, App. St. and a UNA or GA Southern if they went D1.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

And a Georgia State.
    Troy football, it is what it is:/

Remember when Troy at least had winning in its case for a bid for another conference? Picked a hell of a time to start losing.

Jax State's BOT and Athletics Department have already stated that they are not going to pursue FBS status this time around. It was in the Anniston Star a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure we'd have to accept them no questions asked in regards to facilities (which they are self-admittedly, sorely lacking in several areas that is not the football stadium).

I could check with a source or two and see if there are any situations where Jax State would consider the big move, but I don't think there are.

This whole realignment situation is getting crazier by the day for sure. The BCS has turned college football into a farce.
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

RE: So it begins, CUSA loses at least 3....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/ne...st-bigeast

With the board approving Boise to the Big East they will stay until better offer from more western conference or I dare say the addition of BYU and them to big 12.........But who knows.....do not think they will stay in conference that will or MIGHT loose there AQ status to fly to games that are a mere 80,000 miles away.....expensive and not very practical for fans...(ok I know I was exagerating with the 80K thing but you know what I mean.)

I know Big 12 does not want to share more revenue but just as an example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Squirrels Gods natural little speed bumps.

Thread Information