Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Big East news

Default New Big East news

Houston, SMU and UCF will be invited for all sports and Air Force and Boise State will be football only. Still might be a small chance for a C-USA invite.
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

sorry to burst your bubble, but we're not going to C-USA fellas. they have zero interest in us due to our location...and UAB would block it.

the Blazers don't want us in their league. we already overshadow them in Alabama, that would be the nail in their already partially buried coffin of perception in this state.
    Last edited by Burn the Horse; 10-15-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Burn the Horse View Post
    sorry to burst your bubble, but we're not going to C-USA fellas. they have zero interest in us due to our location...and UAB would block it.

the Blazers don't want us in their league. we already overshadow them in Alabama, that would be the nail in their already partially buried coffin of perception in this state.
    Finally someone who sees the reality of our situation.

I've been saying that in response to all these, "still hope for C-USA" threads. we are Sun Belt or bust fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn the Horse View Post
    I've been saying that in response to all these, "still hope for C-USA" threads. we are Sun Belt or bust fellas.
    I AGREE! IF everyone would just look at their most recent posts, "woe is me" and realize that what we have been wanting for years is finally happening. SunBelt teams are getting better!!! IF we can hold the Belt together (after all TROY is the buckle), then maybe with a NEW commissioner we can be PROactive instead of REactive and go find some teams to add to the Belt.

With that thought in mind, here is MY shopping list (not that anyone asked):

Division 1-A go after Army and Navy (we would pick up another bowl opportunity)
    Division 1-AA go for (the best available) Georgia Southern and Texas State
    Mr.E_205_Legion
    Trojan by choice and not by school

Army or Navy would never happen. Georgia Southern thinks they're better than the Sun Belt right now. Texas State, mmmmmmmaybe.

Notice I said small
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E_205_Legion View Post
    I AGREE! IF everyone would just look at their most recent posts, "woe is me" and realize that what we have been wanting for years is finally happening. SunBelt teams are getting better!!! IF we can hold the Belt together (after all TROY is the buckle), then maybe with a NEW commissioner we can be PROactive instead of REactive and go find some teams to add to the Belt.

With that thought in mind, here is MY shopping list (not that anyone asked):

Division 1-A go after Army and Navy (we would pick up another bowl opportunity)
    Division 1-AA go for (the best available) Georgia Southern and Texas State
    Who exactly would want to join the lowest rated FBS conference when higher rated ones are available?

La Tech and App State.

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanEmpire View Post
    Who exactly would want to join the lowest rated FBS conference when higher rated ones are available?
    Any 1-AA team that want to make a name for themselves. If they come in and dominate right away another conference would pick them up quicker. IE If we are the bottom feeding conference along with the MAC then they use our horrible conference as a stepping stone. I know that some FCS/1-aa schools would struggle in our league but I think an App State/Georgia Southern would compete right away.
    BDM88
    Go Trojans!!!

As We March Into Battle Our Swords Are High!

Who's Next? Any Takers?

2014 The Year Of The Last Ride Of A Legend?

Thread Information