Thread: Air Force to Big East in football?

Default Air Force to Big East in football?

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

The Big East has had sincere interest in the service academies since Pitt & Syracuse announced their plans to leave. Personally, I like the idea of having them all in the same conference, but geographically I don't see how it makes sense to have a team from Colorado playing teams on the East Coast.

The most interesting thing from this article to me is that they have already said no to the Big XII.
    The DYNASTY...was fun while it lasted

Sun Belt Champions
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010

New Orleans Bowl
    2006 2008 2010

GMAC Bowl

Silicon Valley Classic

Quote Originally Posted by TrueTrojan View Post
    The Big East has had sincere interest in the service academies since Pitt & Syracuse announced their plans to leave. Personally, I like the idea of having them all in the same conference, but geographically I don't see how it makes sense to have a team from Colorado playing teams on the East Coast.

The most interesting thing from this article to me is that they have already said no to the Big XII.
    Less competition (football wise) in Big East than Big XII
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

Very true. Also less $$$$ and ALOT more cost of travel. Doesn't really make business sense to me, but I understand it from the competitive standpoint.
    The DYNASTY...was fun while it lasted

Sun Belt Champions
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010

New Orleans Bowl
    2006 2008 2010

GMAC Bowl

Silicon Valley Classic

Somewhere in Troy and Birmingham sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueTrojan View Post
    Very true. Also less $$$$ and ALOT more cost of travel. Doesn't really make business sense to me, but I understand it from the competitive standpoint.
    Actually they fly to most of their games already all this move does is add maybe an extra hour on each flight. The money in the Big East deal will cover cost and playing teams like WV will sell out crowds.
    "It's not how much you think you can do, it's about how much you will accomplish without making excuses"

Thread Information