Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kilts

Default Kilts

This is a band that played at the Daleville Contest on Saturday. I admire their vision to be unique. But if we had worn this when I was in a drumline in a small Alabama town, we would have steadily gotten our a**es kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by goe1975 View Post
    This is a band that played at the Daleville Contest on Saturday. I admire their vision to be unique. But if we had worn this when I was in a drumline in a small Alabama town, we would have steadily gotten our a**es kicked.

There are many bands with Scottish themed mascots that use Scotch Kilt uniforms. It's pretty cool to see them embrace it. Wooster (OH) College does a great job of it. I'll link a video.

Here's Edinboro University in PA. They've taken a modern take on the Scots theme.

Thanks to SOTSButterfly who taught me how to do this!
    Last edited by JPSousa1898; 09-26-2011 at 02:13 AM.
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPSousa1898 View Post
    There are many bands with Scottish themed mascots that use Scotch Kilt uniforms. It's pretty cool to see them embrace it. Wooster (OH) College does a great job of it. I'll link a video.

Here's Edinboro University in PA. They've taken a modern take on the Scots theme.

Can someone fix these youtube links?... I can never get it to work.
    Fixed for ya.
    *~*Go Troy!*~*

Thanks my friend! See you on Sat!
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JPSousa1898 View Post
    There are many bands with Scottish themed mascots that use Scotch Kilt uniforms. It's pretty cool to see them embrace it. Wooster (OH) College does a great job of it.
    [/I]
    Oh I'm sure there are several northern schools that could pull this off without a hitch. But again, just the drum line in a small town high school in south Alabama back in the day? Imminent pounding.

Quote Originally Posted by goe1975 View Post
    Oh I'm sure there are several northern schools that could pull this off without a hitch. But again, just the drum line in a small town high school in south Alabama back in the day? Imminent pounding.
    I agree, great vision, but you have to think of the students.

We use to Play Clermont (FL) High School in football. They were the Highlanders and they wore the kilts and the bag pipes and everyone said their band was fantastic. Sadly the school was combined with another school into Southlake High and the kilts and pipes are a distant memory.
    Lifetime T-Club Member
    Trojan Warrior
    Proud Former Troy Football Player
    Proud Troy Alumni
    Proud Troy Dad

I think that if you had the Scots thing going for you in the South, things would be fine if you fully embrace it. Otherwise, you're in hot water.

With my dad's side being Scotch Irish, I do like the kilts and pipes! Mom's side was Cherokee so I like that Trojan on a stud hoss as well.
    !ďWinning is not a sometime thing: itís an all the time thing. You donít win once in a while; you donít do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.Ē ó Vince Lombardi

My first year teaching, I had a 7th grader that could play bagpipes. (I taught at a 7-12 school in the N. Ga mountains). The day of graduation, he and a professional bagpiper walked around campus before the ceremony started playing. It was beautiful.
    Last edited by jgrimsley; 09-30-2011 at 06:54 PM.

JGrimsley
    Troy University Band Alumni
    SOTS 91-97

Thread Information