Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: From Their Side

Quote Originally Posted by Burn the Horse View Post
    I couldn't agree more. One of my best friends during my years in Troy was Turkish. Since I have spent so much time abroad I find it natural to befriend those who are themselves not from the area.

You'd be surprised what you can learn/gain from befriending someone from outside the area/country.
    Thank you! At one point of time we had a lot of Turks, they come in waves. There is a world outside of Alabama and a lot of people seem to ignore that. The whole way of thinking changes once you get on the plane and step outside of your comfort zone. But for those who can't Troy brings the world to them, if only they would open up. We have 61 countries represented this year. So much to learn and to experience!

Quote Originally Posted by foreignpride View Post
    Thank you! At one point of time we had a lot of Turks, they come in waves. There is a world outside of Alabama and a lot of people seem to ignore that. The whole way of thinking changes once you get on the plane and step outside of your comfort zone. But for those who can't Troy brings the world to them, if only they would open up. We have 61 countries represented this year. So much to learn and to experience!
    Being a music major, I never got to experience much with our International Students, but when I did have interactions with some who didn't speak English it was always a pleasant experience and they were genuinely interested in talking. This was also when there wasn't much integration between the international program and the "locals".
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Thread Information