Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: From Their Side

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Prattville, AL
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    42

    Default From Their Side

    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=349&f=2388&t=7961482

    as if it matters what they think.

    Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    They act like football is the only thing going on down here...

    - Baseball: 2006 SBC Champions, 2011 SBC Champions, ranked #25 in AP poll in week 9, finished the season at #39, NCAA Regionals (defeated Oklahoma State)

    - Men's Basketball: 2009 CBI, 2010 SBC Champions, 2010 NIT

    - Men's Tennis: 2010 SBC Champions, NCAA Regionals
    Last edited by troy4ever21; 09-20-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    “You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.” -Larry Blakeney

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Posts
    1,882
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troy4ever21 View Post
    They act like football is the only thing going on down here...

    - Baseball: 2006 SBC Champions, 2011 SBC Champions, ranked #25 in AP poll in week 9, finished the season at #39, NCAA Regionals (defeated Oklahoma State)

    - Men's Basketball: 2009 CBI, 2010 SBC Champions, 2010 NIT

    - Men's Tennis: 2010 SBC Champions, NCAA Regionals
    Dear God! Do not encourage them to start bragging on their Chick Basketball again. That got so old.
    ---Tailgate party Specialist---
    That somehow always forgets to bring tickets, tents, and atleast 1 food item, but never forgets the cold beer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,678
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedTrojan84 View Post
    Dear God! Do not encourage them to start bragging on their Chick Basketball again. That got so old.
    What gets me is that we've won five straight conference titles, including 2010 and 2011. We won Basball in 2011 and Basketball in 2010. That's all three of the money sports in two years. NO ONE else in the entire conference can say that. So to see football's all we have is a bit naive. We do very well in baseball every year, by the way. Those three sports are about FIVE time more important than the rest combined. If you think a conference is going to be looking at all the other sports equally as the big three, you're fooling yourself. It's not even close.

    Here's another way to look at it. Fans=Money (F=M). Add up all the fans from all the other sports over the running year, then add up the numbers for FB, BB, and BSB. Conferences are out to make money, and there's no way those numbers are close to the big three. Try it.
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Troy
    Posts
    3,099
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Whatever, this only stat that matter this week:

    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

    - C. Montgomery Burns

    Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta Metro
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    What does the population of Troy and Murfreesboro have to do with anything!

    Troy population 18,000

    Murfreesboro 50,000

    And yet we still beat you and have Higher attendance records!
    MARCH ON TROJANS!


    Trojan Warrior
    Donor Club
    Atlanta Trojan on Sun Beltbbs

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newnan trojan View Post
    What does the population of Troy and Murfreesboro have to do with anything!

    Troy population 18,000

    Murfreesboro 50,000

    And yet we still beat you and have Higher attendance records!
    It don't matter at all, but at least get your facts straight.

    Murfreesboro's a little over 100,000 and no you don't have higher attendance records.

    The last MT Troy game in Murfreesboro had about 28K there.
    I'm typing slowly because I know you can't read that fast.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Peachtree City, Georgia
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theboro View Post
    It don't matter at all, but at least get your facts straight.

    Murfreesboro's a little over 100,000 and no you don't have higher attendance records.

    The last MT Troy game in Murfreesboro had about 28K there.
    Well in that case, your home attendance is even more pathetic for that population than what Newnan originally stated.
    Last edited by troy4ever; 09-22-2011 at 12:10 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Troy, AL
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Did we find that TROLL we were looking for....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Sticks, AL
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Wow, MTSPOO beat us in attendance by less than 1,000. I think this is the year they beat us you guys! They have a major chip on their shoulder (sucking so badly)....... So I just don't think we can match up with their intensity (Coach told them if they didn't lose by 21 or more they could go to Chuck E Cheese's.)
    ‎"There would be a lot less coaches fired in our Conference if all of our programs could have eight home games and all of our out-of-conference opponents be Division 2" - Larry Blakeney.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •