Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Conference Shuffling

Default More Conference Shuffling

Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC. Their applications have been submitted to the ACC.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ks-source-says

This has HUGE domino effects ro re-alignment.

If these two leave the Big East, that leaves the BE with 8 teams including TCU.

So, then the BE goes and gets UCF, Marshall and ECU from CUSA, and FIU from the Sunbelt to get them to 12. That leaves Houston and SMU and possibly (but not likely) Tulsa to go fill the 3 voids in the Big 12. TCU could reverse course and grab a spot, which would leave the BE still needing one.

But that leaves the Sunbelt pretty much in tact, and CUSA decimated. UTEP and UNT could head to WAC to shore it up. Rice, Tulane, Memphis, UAB and USM would be left over, with an 8 team Sunbelt, to form some kind of GCC (Ho's naming idea).

Interesting....
    Founding Trojan Warrior
    Trojan Warrior Council Member
    Founding Shield Society Member
    Lifetime Alumni Member
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Memeber
    Pensacola Alumni Chapter Member

FIU isnt going to the BE....I could see them moving to C-USA, as well as Troy....Although I wont be suprised to see FIU's Coached snatched up after this year if they have another good season!
    MARCH ON TROJANS!

Trojan Warrior
    Donor Club
    Atlanta Trojan on Sun Beltbbs

I even heard an announcer question Syracuse moving due to the basketball program being so strong. Yes the money maker is in football, but in FIU's case, I dont think their programs are strong enough for a move? Then again I could be wrong! Interesting, but I want to know what our peanut head leader Mr. Donothingwaters is doing to make our conference bigger? or stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by TroyTrojans2003 View Post
    I even heard an announcer question Syracuse moving due to the basketball program being so strong. Yes the money maker is in football, but in FIU's case, I dont think their programs are strong enough for a move? Then again I could be wrong! Interesting, but I want to know what our peanut head leader Mr. Donothingwaters is doing to make our conference bigger? or stronger?
    I wouldn't discount FIU out of the Big East. When everyone looks at FIU, they see where they've been, not where they're going. They have over 46,000 students and 110,000 alumni in south Florida. The athletic aspect of the school is behind the power curve, but has the resources to catch up very quickly. They have a well recognized medical school, and they are a research institution. Add to this, the Miami market in which they reside, probably makes them the better Miami school in the area than the one across town that left the Big East a few years back, and is currently under HEAVY scrutiny by the NCAA.
    Founding Trojan Warrior
    Lifetime Alumni Member

Quote me on this.....Next year FIU will be back to their loser selves....
    MARCH ON TROJANS!

Trojan Warrior
    Donor Club

Quote Originally Posted by TroyTrojans2003 View Post
    What an ignorant announcer.....it's not like the ACC is a sorry basketball conference.

Default FI Who??

If you have not attended a game at FIU this will be hard for you to understand!! I attended our last game there and I think there was more people working the Concession Stands and Security than FANS!! I went to the Concession Stand to get a HOT Dog and wound up with a Cuban Taco. NOT A FOOTBALL ATMOSPHERE IN A ROUND STEEL FLAT STADIUM!! I just dont see any long time success there for Football and their Long Time Track Record is missing completely. Then look at our History in Football--Nothing but Traditions of Winning!!! I would take Troy in any Conference Re Alignment. FIVE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS, NUMEROUS BIG D1 WINS PLUS DIVISION 1AA PLAYOFF APPEARANCES!! A WINNING TRADITION!!

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Bob View Post
    If you have not attended a game at FIU this will be hard for you to understand!! I attended our last game there and I think there was more people working the Concession Stands and Security than FANS!! I went to the Concession Stand to get a HOT Dog and wound up with a Cuban Taco. NOT A FOOTBALL ATMOSPHERE IN A ROUND STEEL FLAT STADIUM!! I just dont see any long time success there for Football and their Long Time Track Record is missing completely. Then look at our History in Football--Nothing but Traditions of Winning!!! I would take Troy in any Conference Re Alignment. FIVE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS, NUMEROUS BIG D1 WINS PLUS DIVISION 1AA PLAYOFF APPEARANCES!! A WINNING TRADITION!!
    The problem is that today it's not about tradition. It's about "What have you done for me lately?"

I think most people are looking at the conference re-alignment as something like a volcano that sits dormant for centuries then wakes up spouts a few puffs of smoke, then blows its top, and then goes dormant for a few more hundred years. In other words, once the re-alignment is complete everything will die back down and settle back in for 50 years.

I don't see that.

This is going to become a more dynamic and fluid situation as long as schools continue to move from one division to another.

Over the next 6 years, there are 36 schools looking to START football programs. There are several looking to move up in division. What we see right now, and what we project to happen is based on that which is within a set of rules everyone has played under for a hundred years. Those rules are changing, and will evolve as more TV, more money and more teams trying to get their piece throw their hat in the ring.

FIU is placing their school in a position to be high profile enough to get the invite into a desperate Big East.

Here's my prediction.....In 5-10 years FIU will be the next Boise State. They don't have to be good for long....just long enough to get their opportunity.
    Last edited by Troy87; 09-17-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    Founding Trojan Warrior
    Lifetime Alumni Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troy87 View Post
    The problem is that today it's not about tradition. It's about "What have you done for me lately?"

I think most people are looking at the conference re-alignment as something like a volcano that sits dormant for centuries then wakes up spouts a few puffs of smoke, then blows its top, and then goes dormant for a few more hundred years. In other words, once the re-alignment is complete everything will die back down and settle back in for 50 years.

I don't see that.

This is going to become a more dynamic and fluid situation as long as schools continue to move from one division to another.

Over the next 6 years, there are 36 schools looking to START football programs. There are several looking to move up in division. What we see right now, and what we project to happen is based on that which is within a set of rules everyone has played under for a hundred years. Those rules are changing, and will evolve as more TV, more money and more teams trying to get their piece throw their hat in the ring.

FIU is placing their school in a position to be high profile enough to get the invite into a desperate Big East.

Here's my prediction.....In 5-10 years FIU will be the next Boise State. They don't have to be good for long....just long enough to get their opportunity.
    That's bull. No way will FIU be good. Any time within the next 25 years.
    ‎"There would be a lot less coaches fired in our Conference if all of our programs could have eight home games and all of our out-of-conference opponents be Division 2" - Larry Blakeney.

heres my prediction....FIU will either win the SBC this year or come awefully close to it or Tie with Us or somebody. FIU will have a 10+ win season this year....Then FIU will lose their head coach to a bigger school and higher pay. FIU loses TY Hilton and next year they have a losing season.... Thats what I think will happen....

P.S. See FAU from 2007 to Now.
    Last edited by newnan trojan; 09-17-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    MARCH ON TROJANS!

Trojan Warrior
    Donor Club

Thread Information