Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Alright who's going to Nawlins? (Nutcracker version: post 72)

Quote Originally Posted by Navarre Trojan View Post
    understanding that it is "Mom" not "Mother-in-law" and if this is the case, get Mom outside and tell her that this should be a 'bonding period' between her and her new daughter (in-law). An opportunity for them to learn how to appreciate the same things with each other. You don't want to get in the way of that, do you?

Somehow Dude, you have to get out of this! Come-on the Nut over the TMTDM? Sack-up, get Mom in another room and just 'splain it to her', bottom line. In the years to come you will be able to look back at this and see the impact it will have on the communication skills you will develop over the years. Come on, we need you in New Orleans!!!

(If not, I may be in favor the ban motion from CaneGoneTrojan)
    Here is the answer to your problem!

New Orleans Ballet Theatre's 'Nutcracker' is the first of the season

Dixon Hall, Tulane University
    Dec. 19 and 20 at 7 p.m., Dec. 20 and 21 at 2 p.m.
    Tickets are $25-$58; call 504.888.0931 or through Ticketmaster at 504.522.5555.

In emergency situations yes, family always comes first. I set my football schedule very early and my family knows what weekends I am available. My nieces birthday is early Sept and usually falls around a big away game. My sister schedules around it or I am not there. Everyone knows it ahead of time so there are no hard feelings. I have family from Iowa staying at my house the weekend of the bowl game, but I will be in New Orleans. You just got to set your schedule and make sure everyone knows about it. It isn't personal it is Troy Football.

Quote Originally Posted by FHBrian View Post
    In emergency situations yes, family always comes first. I set my football schedule very early and my family knows what weekends I am available. My nieces birthday is early Sept and usually falls around a big away game. My sister schedules around it or I am not there. Everyone knows it ahead of time so there are no hard feelings. I have family from Iowa staying at my house the weekend of the bowl game, but I will be in New Orleans. You just got to set your schedule and make sure everyone knows about it. It isn't personal it is Troy Football.
    Amen, you gotta to run yo house! Put your foot down and go to New Orleans! Don't let some ballet get in your way.....ballet!?
    However, I have to miss the New Orleans Bowl due to conflicting schedules with my family. We made our family change all of their plans b/c we are going to Disney World for Christmas, not paying attention that the bowl was moved to sunday at the time.

TU Rob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    However, I have to miss the New Orleans Bowl due to conflicting schedules with my family. We made our family change all of their plans b/c we are going to Disney World for Christmas, not paying attention that the bowl was moved to sunday at the time.

Yeah, the Sunday date threw me off this year. We planned Christmas with the extended family for Saturday and Sunday. I thought that if the game was on Friday, I could take the day off, fly/drive to New Orleans, and drive back up to where they live on Saturday morning. When I see dates, if it is far off, I have to check the calendar to see what day of the week it falls on. I don't think I realized it was a Sunday until a month or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    Amen, you gotta to run yo house! Put your foot down and go to New Orleans! Don't let some ballet get in your way.....ballet!?
    have you ever been married? lol.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

JMS, I was about to ask about the Disney trip, but then I got all the way to the bottom.

It's all easy. I have a brother in the navy stationed in Japan. He is flying into Orlando with his family on Dec 20. We were to head down there along with 20 or so of my other relatives. I said, ok, Mrs. Nice Trojan, you go and take the baby. I will fly into Orlando from new orleans Monday morning. After reviewing this for awhile, I changed my mind and told her we were going to New Orleans and skipping the family in Orlando. The family will get over it. Family forgives - eventually. And for those of you that know me, my wife definitly gets her way with EVERYTHING, except for when it comes to Troy football. Even if this means I have to fly to Japan next summer to make up for it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    have you ever been married? lol.
    Yes, 15 times. It takes practice.
    Just kidding look at my disclaimer at the bottom, my lovely (first and only) wife as well as our awesome 2 1/2 year old will not be in New Orleans either.

Navarre Trojan is offline GTT All-American GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Default See

Quote Originally Posted by nice trojan View Post
    it's all easy. I have a brother in the navy stationed in japan. He is flying into orlando with his family on dec 20. We were to head down there along with 20 or so of my other relatives. I said, ok, mrs. Nice trojan, you go and take the baby. I will fly into orlando from new orleans monday morning. After reviewing this for awhile, i changed my mind and told her we were going to new orleans and skipping the family in orlando. The family will get over it. Family forgives - eventually. And for those of you that know me, my wife definitly gets her way with everything, except for when it comes to troy football. even if this means i have to fly to japan next summer to make up for it or something.
    that's what i'm talking about, right there!!!
    "...The one ingredient we do have is speed, and that cures a lot of ills. Larry Blakeney
    Lifetime Alumni Association Member
    Trojan Warrior Council Member and Donor
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Member
    Trojan Shield Society

www.emeraldcoasttroyalumni.com

Loser on board more interested in typing comebacks than seeing TMTDM in person.

Thread Information