Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alright who's going to Nawlins? (Nutcracker version: post 72)

Default Paybacks

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Nomad View Post
    I've only been married for two years so I guess I'm still relatively new at this mariage thing. I understand how situations like this can be difficult when you're newly married. It would be easier if it was just your wife or just your mom but you really don't want to piss off both ladies in your life. Just don't let them drag you to Panera bread afterwards to eat some sissy food. As soon as the ballet is over stop and get some football food and go straight home. If I were you I would return the favor by surprising her with some Florida tickets for next season or in your case maybe some Titans tickets. They owe you big time so make sure you get something good out of it.
    You might SURPRISE her (them) with some prime Montgomery Bisquits season tix next summer during her "Beach" weekends.

Just a thought, but i've been divorced twice..so What it's Worth.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

GO TROJANS!

He wasn't going anyways even before the Nutcracker tickets so not sure why there so much dicussion on this. He was going to be at home watching either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Nomad View Post
    I've only been married for two years so I guess I'm still relatively new at this mariage thing. I understand how situations like this can be difficult when you're newly married. It would be easier if it was just your wife or just your mom but you really don't want to piss off both ladies in your life. Just don't let them drag you to Panera bread afterwards to eat some sissy food. As soon as the ballet is over stop and get some football food and go straight home. If I were you I would return the favor by surprising her with some Florida tickets for next season or in your case maybe some Titans tickets. They owe you big time so make sure you get something good out of it.

yeah, i've been married since September. i put up a damn good fight, but in the end, it is the family. soooo, thanks for all the jabs and advice, they were funny yes. i'm actually going to try and salvage this situation by throwing a big New Orleans Bowl party. adult beverages, cajun food, beads for everyone and maybe some minor decorations (the wife owes me). so maybe it won't be so bad. yall just make sure and hold it down for me on bourbon street.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    yeah, i've been married since September. i put up a damn good fight, but in the end, it is the family. soooo, thanks for all the jabs and advice, they were funny yes. i'm actually going to try and salvage this situation by throwing a big New Orleans Bowl party. adult beverages, cajun food, beads for everyone and maybe some minor decorations (the wife owes me). so maybe it won't be so bad. yall just make sure and hold it down for me on bourbon street.

Just make sure you shread your man card :)

Quote Originally Posted by pkf4troy View Post
    Just make sure you shread your man card :)
    gee, thanks.

J/K..... give it time and these "surprises" wear off. I always get the calendar during football season and write the games and bowl game through the months so there is no confusion. I just hit the 11 year mark so we know better then to order tickets or schedule anything without talking to each other 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Navarre Trojan View Post
    understanding that it is "Mom" not "Mother-in-law" and if this is the case, get Mom outside and tell her that this should be a 'bonding period' between her and her new daughter (in-law). An opportunity for them to learn how to appreciate the same things with each other. You don't want to get in the way of that, do you?

Somehow Dude, you have to get out of this! Come-on the Nut over the TMTDM? Sack-up, get Mom in another room and just 'splain it to her', bottom line. In the years to come you will be able to look back at this and see the impact it will have on the communication skills you will develop over the years. Come on, we need you in New Orleans!!!

(If not, I may be in favor the ban motion from CaneGoneTrojan)
    I mean Momma as in the wife
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

TU Rob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pkf4troy View Post
    J/K..... give it time and these "surprises" wear off. I always get the calendar during football season and write the games and bowl game through the months so there is no confusion. I just hit the 11 year mark so we know better then to order tickets or schedule anything without talking to each other 1st.
    Or do like I do. Ask if she minds if you go to the LSU game with her brother, let her say no, and then order tickets anyways. We had a lengthy discussion about it one night. She didn't understand why I couldn't be satisfied with just going to the home games and wanted to know why I wanted to go to the road games as well. I told her I'd never really be satisfied until I could go to all 12 games plus the bowl. Basically, the fact that I don't do anything for myself the other 40 weekends of the year and we do a lot of family things then was my argument. I'll do anything and everything she wants all year and during the weeks of football season, but when it is gameday, that will come first. I made it to 5 home games and LSU this year. And watched 4 other ones. The two I didn't watch were OK State, because I couldn't, and UNT, because I had cable problems that weekend and couldn't get online. I made the decision last-minute to drive to the game this past weekend because I couldn't get it on gameplan with Charter for some reason. My daughter was a little sick and my wife stayed home with her. Made the drive down and back alone, but at least got to see the team celebrate after the game, and that was all worth it.

in addition to myself, my wife, and my mother, my grandmother, my brother, the whole dang family is going to this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    in addition to myself, my wife, and my mother, my grandmother, my brother, the whole dang family is going to this thing.
    Family always comes first dude.
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

Thread Information