Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Body Have... ?

Default Any Body Have... ?

Does anybody have a copy of the TROY STATE Alma Mater, preferably in CD form... Also, does anybody have a copy of the Sound playing DIXIE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    MARCH ON, TROJANS and WHO DAT?!,

The Awesome Possum

Go Troy or Go HOME!

"Jesus turned water into wine, I turn it into Liquor." - "Popcorn" Sutton

You need the Long Legacy CD to hear the old Alma Mater, 1988 SOTS recording with the old Westminister chimes intro.

I put the vocal parts into Finale a few years ago as an undergrad and I can send that to you in PDF and as an audio file.

As for Dixie, you can find the 1965 SOTS playing it on The Best of the Sound Vol. 1 with the 8 measure drum break in it that was later taken out and can be found on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8oRLvYOVPE

If you contact Monique Crawley in the band office, she will be happy to sell you both discs for a very reasonable price.

Cheers!
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Somebody should put "Letter I" on YouTube.

Shoot Mr. Ford a Facebook message. He was doing a lot of that.
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Wow, why don't we still play this version of Dixie? Is it not considered politically incorrect? Great version by the SOTS!
    !ďWinning is not a sometime thing: itís an all the time thing. You donít win once in a while; you donít do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.Ē ó Vince Lombardi

There have been a few concerned people who do not feel that Dixie is the most PC thing to play. That's why it's no longer the fight song and why the SOTS no longer plays it.

Quote Originally Posted by JPSousa1898 View Post
    There have been a few concerned people who do not feel that Dixie is the most PC thing to play. That's why it's no longer the fight song and why the SOTS no longer plays it.
    May the saints above be with us , will we EVER reach a point where we don't have to destroy, ignore, filter, or water down our history. What is it about that song that is improper. Not the lyrics, not the beat...must be the area it speaks of. Maybe it is politically incorrect to be from Dixie! Let me attempt to understand this, "Dixie" is politically incorrect in the eyes of some dignitaries but Rap with it's killing, sexual perversion, disrespecting of authority and degrading of women is politically "correct"? Whoa! What about German tunes or maybe that Yankee number, "Yankee Doodle Dandy". Somewhere in my 70 years I must have missed something....what ever happened to common sense!
    !ďWinning is not a sometime thing: itís an all the time thing. You donít win once in a while; you donít do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.Ē ó Vince Lombardi

redwaver, if I had an answer to that, there'd be a LOT of overturned court decisions.

IMO, we've become so litigious that if ONE person gets SLIGHTLY offended anymore, they can have their way with a good enough lawyer and a sympathetic enough jury.

You and I see a song about good times and a simpler time, but those easily offended people feel that it conjures images of hate, bigotry, and racism. They convinced a jury of their peers that this what most people believe as well.

It's sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by redwaver View Post
    May the saints above be with us , will we EVER reach a point where we don't have to destroy, ignore, filter, or water down our history. What is it about that song that is improper. Not the lyrics, not the beat...must be the area it speaks of. Maybe it is politically incorrect to be from Dixie! Let me attempt to understand this, "Dixie" is politically incorrect in the eyes of some dignitaries but Rap with it's killing, sexual perversion, disrespecting of authority and degrading of women is politically "correct"? Whoa! What about German tunes or maybe that Yankee number, "Yankee Doodle Dandy". Somewhere in my 70 years I must have missed something....what ever happened to common sense!
    The government took over
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    The government took over
    I hear that and from the look of things, they need to give it back to somebody who has a clue!!! If we can ever figure out that we are all Americans, just Americans, and agree that, as in all histories, we have not always been right in what we did. When we take the time to realize that folks have been trying for years in a 1000 ways to say "we regret what we did", then MAYBE this country will heal and get on with being the great country that it is. For some you can never do enough, never apologize enough or never give back enough advantages that they will be satisfied so someone with common sense has to say "life has to go on" and do it. So to appease them, we prohibit a song. What about the color grey? Lets prohibit it. Lets make it illegal to use southern slang. Can we all get music eliminated that reminds each of us of something hurtful? Not a chance. It's just getting old. Dixie is a great tune and it was a true Troy tradition for years and it gripes me that some higher up can do that with a clear conscience and therefore imply that Dixie= bad ; Rap=good ..........UNBELIEVABLE!!! Oh, this position is probably not politically correct either but I don't give a hoot! Go Trojans and we are ALL Trojans...as in one...just one....undivided as it should be!

Thread Information