Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Clemson, SC

Default Greetings from Clemson, SC

Looking forward to having you guys as our guest this year. I hope that many of you will be able to make the trip. You will find Clemson people most hospitable and a campus that is second to none for game day experience. If I can help with any questions (parking, restaurants, etc.) I'll be glad to help. Most of all, we're just excited to get a new season underway, as I'm sure y'all are too.

Welcome 77!! Looking forward to making the trip. We will be staying in Greenville. Any help on parking and restaurants is greatly appreciated.
    Trojan Warrior
    Emerald Coast Alumni Member

If you don't believe it, you can't achieve it.

Hemi-
    If you're staying in Greenville, You've got it whipped as far as GOOD restaurants go. Simply go downtown, especially the area called West End. Take your pick. All are really good. Downtown Greenville really has their stuff together.
    As far as travel, you have a good 45 min trip on Gameday. Plan to arrive in Clemson as early as you can. Public parking is at a premium and will fill fast.
    There are a number of churches downtown that sell spots in their lots for about $15.
    Take a walking tour of the campus and walk down the hill to the stadium. If you visit Clemson tailgaters (and there will be many) in your Troy attire, I GUARANTEE you will neither go thirsty or hungry. Clemson folks will take care of you.

nice to have a respectful and reasonable Clemson fan join the community, finally.
    Last edited by Burn the Horse; 08-10-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

There's more of "us" than there are of "them". But every school has their share of obnoxious, arrogant, and delusional fans. Except Carolina and they're all that way.

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonalum'77 View Post
    There's more of "us" than there are of "them". But every school has their share of obnoxious, arrogant, and delusional fans. Except Carolina and they're all that way.
    Class! Thanks!!
    !ďWinning is not a sometime thing: itís an all the time thing. You donít win once in a while; you donít do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.Ē ó Vince Lombardi

I spent a good bit of time in the Carolinas.

I recall one thing which surprised me. South Carolina-Clemson was the most heated rivalry I have personally witnessed. Worse than Alabama-Auburn, worse than Georgia-Florida or any others. Probably a bit over the top imo.

we're staying in Clemson at the Courtyard, what restaurant suggestions can you give for Friday night? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nohuddle View Post
    we're staying in Clemson at the Courtyard, what restaurant suggestions can you give for Friday night? Thanks!
    Expensive/Classy-
    Pixie and Bills Hwy 123
    Copper River Seneca,SC about 15 min drive
    Calhoun Corners (reservation sugg)
    Avg price/Good Food
    Blue Heron Seafood
    Sardi's Den
    College Atmosphere
    Esso Club
    TD's
    Tiger Town Tavern

And of course there's a generous selection of Applebee's, etc. but....

Keep in mind that Clemson is a small town. Greenville is about 25 miles away. They've got every kind of restaurant and bar imaginable

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonalum'77 View Post
    Hemi-
    If you're staying in Greenville, You've got it whipped as far as GOOD restaurants go. Simply go downtown, especially the area called West End. Take your pick. All are really good. Downtown Greenville really has their stuff together.
    As far as travel, you have a good 45 min trip on Gameday. Plan to arrive in Clemson as early as you can. Public parking is at a premium and will fill fast.
    There are a number of churches downtown that sell spots in their lots for about $15.
    Take a walking tour of the campus and walk down the hill to the stadium. If you visit Clemson tailgaters (and there will be many) in your Troy attire, I GUARANTEE you will neither go thirsty or hungry. Clemson folks will take care of you.
    Thank you sir for the tips. I will be sure to put them to good use.
    Trojan Warrior
    Emerald Coast Alumni Member

If you don't believe it, you can't achieve it.

Thread Information