Thread: Everything Else Guidelines

Default Everything Else Guidelines

One of the things I want GTT to be is a site where exchanges can take place on all subjects and issues. Some might be controversial or heated, and some may be mundane, but I do think it's important to see additional perspectives on a subject, where in our individual vacuums, we might not otherwise have insight.

I realize people can be passionate about certain subjects (we all are about Troy), while others are passive; some can be indignant, while others are flexible and able to appeciate another side of an issue. I don't expect everyone here to have the same opinon about every subject, nor should we.

One of the most important aspects of college life for me was the interaction with many people who had different perspectives on topics of discussion. Of course the most debated issues drew down along the lines of conservative versus liberal points of view on many different topics. We could have the same classes, the same majors, yet it was sometimes very difficult to understand how we could have similar goals, but differing perspectives on how life should be.

What I would like is for everyone coming here to discuss a subject or issue, please observe a couple of simple guidelines;

1. Observe the same rules of etiquette as they are on the rest of the board when it comes to cursing and personal attacks and name calling. Your point can be emphatic and still be made without the aforementioned transgressions.

2. Check your hurt feelings, frustration and anger on your way out the "Everything Else" door. People may not see eye-to-eye with you when it's all said and done, but just like every personal contact you make in life, you don't become BFFs with every one of them, so you can still retain your personal philosophy while others retain theirs.

3. This is not the sports section of the message board, so I will let most any reasonable subject be discussed, however, this section will be closely monitored to ensure it remains within certain boundaries of legality and decency.

If you have questions about any of this, feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by Troy87; 08-09-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Founding Trojan Warrior
    Trojan Warrior Council Member
    Founding Shield Society Member
    Lifetime Alumni Member
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Memeber
    Pensacola Alumni Chapter Member

Thread Information