Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Middle...

Default Hey Middle...

Are you guys ready to give up football yet...you're never going to beat us.

suck it.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Never say never.... but I think it's safe to say that right now, we definitely have the upper hand on the Horsies of MUTS.
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

if the Sun Belt Conference was the Justice League, we would be Batman and Middle would be Robin...always playing second fiddle to us.

Somewhere in Troy and Birmingham sometimes.

So honest question when south gets into the conference next year will Middle Tenn still be our real rival in ten years? Especially if we keep improving facilities and wins getting a invite to C-USA during the conference shuffles.
    "It's not how much you think you can do, it's about how much you will accomplish without making excuses"

I think it's possible to have two rivals in that amount of time. We've beat Middle the past what, five six years?, but it'll run out eventually and they'll win and the rivalry will be reborn on both sides. If one team in a rivalry is lack luster for a few years, the rivalry grows old, but if that lack luster team beats the rival then it's like a brand new monster. I can see us being rivals with Middle, but I don't wanna give South the chance, I'd rather crush them every year and not honor them with the "rival" status
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanArrow View Post
    So honest question when south gets into the conference next year will Middle Tenn still be our real rival in ten years? Especially if we keep improving facilities and wins getting a invite to C-USA during the conference shuffles.
    SoBama will be a natural rival.

MT is that little rich kid in the corner who's daddy keeps trying to buy his way into beating (Troy) the kid that works hard and does things the right way. Then when MT loses they blame APR exemptions, lower admission standards, Tony Franklin throwing the game, Dasher being rusty, and the Murfreesboro miracle curse. I wouldn't worry about moving to CUSA according to the Flying Blue Unicorn fans they will be moving up first because there are 2 million people in Nashville and MT draws .000000000000047% of those people to their games annually.
    Last edited by Hemi Man; 07-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Trojan Warrior
    Emerald Coast Alumni Member

If you don't believe it, you can't achieve it.

Somewhere in Troy and Birmingham sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Man View Post
    SoBama will be a natural rival.

MT is that little rich kid in the corner who's daddy keeps trying to buy his way into beating (Troy) the kid that works hard and does things the right way. Then when MT loses they blame APR exemptions, lower admission standards, Tony Franklin throwing the game, Dasher being rusty, and the Murfreesboro miracle curse. I wouldn't worry about moving to CUSA according to the Flying Blue Unicorn fans they will be moving up first because there are 2 million people in Nashville and MT draws .000000000000047% of those people to their games annually.
    Yeah their location is irrelevant we have just as much of the Montgomery market as they do of the Nashville market. It's always going to be Vanderbilt, Tenn, then schools like Belmont and Tenn Tech getting a share of the pie. Then not to mention Memphis draws a share of the fans also. Troy on the other hand pretty much is established in Troy, Brundige, Enterprise, Dothan, and is a skip and a jump behind Auburn and Alabama in the state capital.
    "It's not how much you think you can do, it's about how much you will accomplish without making excuses"

Middle has market potential over us. give them that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn the Horse View Post
    Middle has market potential over us. give them that.
    If you have access to 2 million people and triple the student body of Troy and you average less than 200 more people per game that is not an advantage. That is an epic failure.
    Trojan Warrior
    Emerald Coast Alumni Member

If you don't believe it, you can't achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Man View Post
    If you have access to 2 million people and triple the student body of Troy and you average less than 200 more people per game that is not an advantage. That is an epic failure.
    i don't disagree with you, i'm simply pointing out that they have the Nashville market in their radius. that is larger than the Montgomery or Dothan markets. thus they have greater market potential, doesn't mean they can capitalize on it.

Thread Information