Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Clemson game

Default Game on

Just 8 days to go.
    ~ ♫ ♪ SOUND OF THE SOUTH ♫ ♪ ~ BLOW BREE BLOW

Prices for trips can vary because of bidding for bus services changes every year. Let's round up to the high side and say the most the school pays per charter bus is $1,000 per day (again, I'm going on the high side because I imagine the price has gone up over the years, but it depends on the bid) - I think the band is on 6 buses (?) so for a single day trip that would be $6,000. Per diems (allowance) have undoubtedly changed as well, but I believe the last per diem I remember was $31 a day - each member and staff receives a per diem for meals and the size of the band varies but has been averaging 325 recently and with staff/ga's you can call it 340 - so if the per day allowance is $31 a day then the daily bill for that would be $10,540. There is also the rental of the Ryder truck and I have no idea what the cost for that would be; during the time I was in the band, the Ryder truck was either free or heavily discounted through a deal with the Montgomery Ryder rental. I don't think that deal is in place any longer due to a change of Ryder management. If you go into overnight trips, you obviously multiply these daily prices by the number of days the trip lasts. You have to add in hotel rooms during overnight stays and the band GA's work hard to secure great rates from very nice hotels. It's not hard to convince a hotel that may charge $200 or more for a room to give them to you for say $75 a room because the band will use at least 85 rooms (quad occupancy). That could put the bill for hotel in the $7,000 range, but of course this again is gonna vary depending on the deal that is worked out. Lots of variables depending on bids etc.

Default charter bus

When I was a band booster for Jay High School - to charter a bus so that the Band could attend the football games, prices were anywhere from $1,200 to $1,500 and that was like 3 years ago. I imagine with the price of gas its even higher now. Even local games when they used a school bus, they still had to pay for the driver's time and meals. Its a wonder any school can afford to take their students anywhere, but I'm really glad the SOTS attend as many as they do.
    ~ ♫ ♪ SOUND OF THE SOUTH ♫ ♪ ~ BLOW BREE BLOW

Thread Information