Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011: The year of SAGA?

Default 2011: The year of SAGA?

Is it true the SOTS will be spending the 2011-2012 academic year in SAGA while the new additions to long are made?
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

yep
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

What is the show music this year? Please tell me it isn't another repeat!! I will never understand last year's music selection.

The first show is a Spy show, and I think the second show is a southern rock show, but I may be wrong there
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

2003-2006 were the best shows IMO. They all went downhill from there as far as music selection goes. They weren't terrible by any means, they just weren't up to par with the previous years.
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

I've heard the first show will be a spy show and the second show will be The Incredibles.
    “You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.” -Larry Blakeney

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFootball05 View Post
    2003-2006 were the best shows IMO. They all went downhill from there as far as music selection goes. They weren't terrible by any means, they just weren't up to par with the previous years.
    2008 was a great show. My freshmen year.
    “You want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.” -Larry Blakeney

FliryVorru is offline GTT All-SBC Team GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFootball05 View Post
    2003: Earth, Wind, and Fire

That is all.

SOTS '03-'07: What do we want?!?! GOOD SAX!!!

Strive for the Highest, and All Hail!

"I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody. That's a long way for a lineman to run." - DeWhitt Betterson on Junior Louissaint running for a TD against Missouri

I agree there Fliryvorru. Gladiator was among my fav. too. I was talking to another alumni member today and he was telling me about the Spy stuff (among other points of interest regarding staff - cough, cough). I agree with him, that though it can be and probably will be a cool show, it still seems a bit high schoolish. SOTS needs to change the mentality a bit and start being a trend setter, which would take things to the next level. Designing shows that are unique but not so unrelatable that it alienates the audience and doesn't entertain. As it was noted before, not that these shows would be terrible, just not up to par. I hear that South AL. is successfully recruiting members in SOTS back yard. I think it would be wise not to relax on reputation and maintain status quo. Gotta be more proactive. Perhaps that will happen with the new D.O.B.s. I wish 'em the best this year!

Whatever the show choice is, if the band will play it well and make music out of it, it will be well received. The SOTS is known for playing well and entertaining the crowd. It may take a couple of years to set a different groove, but give it time. Dr. Walker is extremely competent and was chosen because the administration felt that he would be the man to not only maintain the band program at Troy University, but to take it to a higher level. I have a feeling that Dr. Walker has some big plans for this simple theme. I say go for it and make it the most epic spy show anyone has ever seen.

BLOW SOTS!
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Thread Information